[APP][2.3+] TripBudget - fast and stylish planner/logger for trip expenses

Search This thread

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
Great looking app.

It would be great if you could add the following two features:

A) Sum all trips to show total spent and budgeted
i.e. I'm budgeting a multiple city holiday, with a total overall budget I'd like to track.
If the "The LIST OF TRIPS" page had a sum at the bottom for plan and Fact for each of the holidays would be perfect.

B) Also the ability to enter my own FX rates for the currency exchange.. i.e. the market rate isn't what I paid so the conversion to my local currency is to high or low...

Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

A) is possible - and its not a problem to count the sum. B) Custom currency rates is a good idea as ECB might provide wrong rates in comparison with local banks. This might be added inside trip options.

icestage

May 20, 2012
Lecce
Hi,
First of all... Congratulation...

is it possible to had graph torno summarize the various expences?
Something like a cake graph or bar graph...
Many thanks and Good job

Reactions: Vitiy

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
Hi,
First of all... Congratulation...

is it possible to had graph torno summarize the various expences?
Something like a cake graph or bar graph...
Many thanks and Good job

Thanks for your suggestion. The bar graph is in plans - the only uncertain part is where to place it - probably at the end of expense list.

lesliescott06

Aug 6, 2013
This is a pretty impressive tool to keep good track of the expenses and manage the same. I liked the interface and navigation part more importantly.

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
UPDATE v1.007-1.008

The count of supported currencies was greatly increased (and there are several data sources now). Also you can now enter custom currency exchange rates for each trip.

2014-03-02-20.24.10-576x1024.png

The currency selectors were considerably changed – now its alphabetic list and the most used currencies will go up to the top of the list for easy usage.

App now uses standard android keyboard (the ‘custom’ keyboard was there as part of engine – now it should support standard android keyboard).

Also you can delete old trips now (long press on trip list to see delete dialog).

Screenshot-2014-03-02-20.15.05.png

When you enter new expense the chosen currency is now stored and will be automatically restored when you enter next expense.

Any further suggestions/bug reports are still highly welcome :)

supermamie

Nov 22, 2010
Toulouse
It seems you forgot a little currency : Euro
/me start to plan next trip

Edit : Euro is in your screenshot, I'll upload a screenshot from my phone asap
jyny5usu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vitiy

supermamie

Nov 22, 2010
Toulouse
Now it is available (between ETB and GBP)
Strange. Do the currency list come from an online service?

"Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 5 avec Tapatalk"

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
B) Also the ability to enter my own FX rates for the currency exchange.. i.e. the market rate isn't what I paid so the conversion to my local currency is to high or low...

This functionality was added in last update - please check if everything is ok. Note that custom rates can be separately set for each trip.

Vitiy

Mar 24, 2011
vitiy.info
UPDATE v1.009 - Last patch contains urgent stability fixes for launch in offline mode

I got reports that application might hang when you launch it when device has no internet connection (which can be quite possible situation in trip). So i made last minor update aimed to fix this situation. However update was not tested deep enough - so please report any hangs / problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Create budgets for your upcoming trips and log expenses using this modern designed tool.

tripbudget1.png

Search market for "TripBudget"
    Market url: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calibvr.tripbudget

If you like to travel and don't have unlimited supply of money this app will help you a lot. Make trip budget plans and track trip expenses in the most fast, easy and stylish way.

For the most fast planning new trip budgets the expenses are divided into categories to be added as quickly as possible. You can create several versions of the same trip and compare final estimated values. After planning you can switch from plan mode into spending mode and log actual trip expenses. You can compare the final trip budget cost with the plan at any moment and access full statistics for each trip expense category.

Screenshot-2014-02-11-20.20.10-611x1024.png

The app automatically converts expense values into base currency using public rates from open sources (like European Central Bank, etc) which are updated every day (internet connection is required). You can also set your fixed currency rates for each trip budget.

When you travel TripBudget uses GPS to track expense locations. When you enter money amount you can also set discounts and taxes. If you travel with friends you can enter information about expense sharing.

Incoming updates will also provide cloud synchronisation of trip budgets across your devices (including iOS client, which is coming soon).

Supported languages at the moment: English, Russian, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian

If anybody want to help with translating interface to one of the following languages [ Bulgarian, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese ] - there is web interface for easy and fast translation here: http://vitiy.info/localization/tripbudget/

Thanks a lot for your help!

Latest UPDATES:

v1.020
    + New view mode for expenses list - view on map
    + Ability to modify section of expense
    + Click on maps will open system map or navigator
    + Optimizations for large lists of expenses

+ New design and functions of expense view
    + Ability to view expense on the map
    + Ability to delete trip participants
    + Main sections are automatically reordered by usage frequency
    + Fixes for italian localization
    + Minor stability fixes

+ Italian language

+ New languages: español, french and dutch
    + Ability to enter fraction of expense value
    + Fix for crash while setting currency rates
    + Application now has default cache for currency rates
    + Clicking on currency at main tabs opens currency options
    + Additional exit button under Immersive mode

+ support of immersive mode under Android 4.4
    + new functions for money sources

v1.014
    + ability to attach photos to expenses
    + grouping by days and categories in expense lists
    + time-based graphs for expenses
    + ability to change date of expense

+ group trips - add the list of participants to trips and track shared expenses and debts
    + money sources - track balance of your credit cards/cash resources
    + new default categories - visa, breakfast, snacks, coffee, lunch, medical, network
    + expense entry was modified for more user-friendly usage

+ major support for horizontal layouts (tablets)
    + fixes for currency updates
    + new suggestions section at settings

+ Urgent stability fix

1.007-1.008
    + The count of supported currencies was greatly increased
    + You can now enter custom exchange rate for currency (new trip options)
    + App now uses standard keyboard
    + The currency selectors were changed
    + Ability to delete old trips

NOTE: Current version is BETA - any bug reports and suggestions are highly welcome

More information and screens could be found here: http://vitiy.info/tripbudget-fast-budget-calculator-logger-for-trips-android/

Search market for "TripBudget"

XDA:DevDB Information
    TripBudget, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Vitiy

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.020

Created 2014-02-11
    Last Updated 2014-09-04
    Looks nice....going to give it a try
    That looks so nice I wish I could afford a trip! haha
    This will be nice for anyone who is tdy, or travels for work. Pull in the per diem rates and track accordingly

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    That looks good app. I will try it. Thanks