Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading to Kitkat

Tip us?

RomanHelmet
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Upgrading to Kitkat

I'm a samsung noob. Been an HTC guy for a few years and moved over here last month. At this point I just rooted the stock rom so I could keep my Knox flag untripped. I want to upgrade to kitkat but I am unsure of my options. Things are a bit different on Samsungs than I'm used to. Is it possible to upgrade to one of the kitkat releases and not trip Knox?

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanHelmet View Post
I'm a samsung noob. Been an HTC guy for a few years and moved over here last month. At this point I just rooted the stock rom so I could keep my Knox flag untripped. I want to upgrade to kitkat but I am unsure of my options. Things are a bit different on Samsungs than I'm used to. Is it possible to upgrade to one of the kitkat releases and not trip Knox?
No you would have to wait for the official release.

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

jcannon318
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about tripping Knox. I did, and I sent mine back to Samsung for a home button issue and they replaced it for me. Besides, tmobile doesn't give a crap about it at all.

Sent from my ZeroLemon Powered Galaxy Note 3

RomanHelmet
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
So if I gave up on keeping knox intact would it be as simple as flashing twrp through Odin then flashing a kitkat rom? Would I need to flash kitkat firmware bits?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

deeznutz1977
Old
Thanks Meter 2,850
Quote:
So if I gave up on keeping knox intact would it be as simple as flashing twrp through Odin then flashing a kitkat rom? Would I need to flash kitkat firmware bits?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
If your already rooted download goomanager. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...0up.goomanager

Open ( grant su if it prompts.. )

Menu_>>. Install open recovery script>>. Yes. Bam ..

Profit☺☺

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk