5,597,937 Members 39,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] TWRP v2.7.0.0

Tip us?

Ztones
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default how to install?

Can someone please provide exact installation instructions for this?

smartguy044
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3985

DONATE TO ME
download file, put on sd card, boot into recovery and then flash like you would a rom

Ztones
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguy044 View Post
download file, put on sd card, boot into recovery and then flash like you would a rom
Thanks for the quick response! The link kept giving me a spam redirect like 20 times...then it finally worked.

aaopt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Tried the newest build from OP. Mounting usb storage didn't quite work. Plus while trying to install a ROM I got the same mount error mentioned by someone in the CM11 thread. Went back to the 27-Dec build of TWRP (I think-- downloaded it when it was still in the CM11 thread) and the same ROM installed without issues.

jfbs
Old
(Last edited by jfbs; 16th February 2014 at 09:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaopt View Post
Tried the newest build from OP. Mounting usb storage didn't quite work. Plus while trying to install a ROM I got the same mount error mentioned by someone in the CM11 thread. Went back to the 27-Dec build of TWRP (I think-- downloaded it when it was still in the CM11 thread) and the same ROM installed without issues.
Internal and external storage mount on this device in recovery with win 8.1 quickly. Latest twrp installs rom's fine as well on mine.

Edit: Just to be sure, again, I wiped everything in twrp and installed 1/31 without any issues in less than 3 minutes.

aaopt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbs View Post
Internal and external storage mount on this device in recovery with win 8.1 quickly. Latest twrp installs rom's fine as well on mine.

Edit: Just to be sure, again, I wiped everything in twrp and installed 1/31 without any issues in less than 3 minutes.
I hope you'll forgive me if I don't find "it works for me" to be a convincing argument, based on the /data-and-kernel-related issues in your CM11 thread that affected some people's devices and not others.

But the good news is, now that your CM11 includes a kernel more friendly to the other set of devices, rebuilding TWRP seems to have included that kernel too. In other words, your 2630e build installed the 0220 CM11 build for me without complaining about the /data partition... and the 0220 ROM also booted without complaints. Thanks for keeping at it.

USB mount and adb are still not working for me with Ubuntu 13.10. But I can live without them, though they are nice to have.