Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 39,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HDXPosed Mod - Safestrap?

Tip us?

giodibe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Let me also ask: how do I make sure all my mods are gone, including root access?
Of course I looked in this forum but I couldn't find a comprehensive guide.
I want to return my 16GB and get a 32GB at least, maybe 64.

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by giodibe View Post
Let me also ask: how do I make sure all my mods are gone, including root access?
Of course I looked in this forum but I couldn't find a comprehensive guide.
I want to return my 16GB and get a 32GB at least, maybe 64.
If you flash the stock image into the primary slot, then delete / uninstall Hashcode's Safestrap, then it should undo everything.

I think you can also do the "hold power button for 50 seconds" (or was it 20?) to do a reset.

cf9182
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I installed safestrap and immediately took a backup of the stock rom. I moved that backup folder to my PC.

If something crazy happens and I no longer have a bootable OS on any partition (but I can still get to safestrap recovery), can I restore that backup saved on my PC?

giodibe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang View Post
If you flash the stock image into the primary slot, then delete / uninstall Hashcode's Safestrap, then it should undo everything.

I think you can also do the "hold power button for 50 seconds" (or was it 20?) to do a reset.
Thanks man I'll try the hard reset. I did do the first part but I still had root access afterwards (I could access root in ES File Explorer).

giodibe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks man I'll try the hard reset. I did do the first part but I still had root access afterwards (I could access root in ES File Explorer).
Unfortunately this didn't do anything other than rebooting.
I'm a bit stuck. I don't see Safestrap among my Apps installed, but it's there. Every time I reboot it takes me to the Safestrap screen where I can access recovery mode.
If Amazon sees that screen they'll never take it back. How do I actually get rid of it?
I only have the stock rom now.

ptrsnshane
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Unfortunately this didn't do anything other than rebooting.
I'm a bit stuck. I don't see Safestrap among my Apps installed, but it's there. Every time I reboot it takes me to the Safestrap screen where I can access recovery mode.
If Amazon sees that screen they'll never take it back. How do I actually get rid of it?
I only have the stock rom now.
Go into settings/applications/manage applications scroll down to safestrap and uninstall. I believe if you have su there is an unroot option within it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

cnims
Old
(Last edited by cnims; 22nd February 2014 at 05:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Reinstall Safestrap then open it and click on Uninstall Recovery within the app. Reboot to make sure the Safestrap screen is gone, then you can uninstall the app.

giodibe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsnshane View Post
Go into settings/applications/manage applications scroll down to safestrap and uninstall. I believe if you have su there is an unroot option within it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Makes perfect sense, but unfortunately Safestrap wasn't in the Manage Applications list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnims View Post
Reinstall Safestrap then open it and click on Uninstall Recovery within the app. Reboot to make sure the Safestrap screen is gone, then you can uninstall the app.
Yes, this did it! I still had root access so I reinstalled SuperSu and did an "Unroot". Now root access is gone. I think I can just restore to default and I'm ready to return it. Thanks everyone!