5,603,646 Members 36,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Over Sensitive Power Button

Tip us?

gtadams
Old
(Last edited by gtadams; 23rd February 2014 at 01:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Over Sensitive Power Button

Hey guys,

So my GS3 just started acting up last night and the power button is now ridiculously sensitive, to the point where its really not usable. I called Verizon and they're sending me a new unit this week, but my issue here is I don't know how to return the phone to stock when it seems like even touching the phone could cause it to turn off, and I can't exactly send a phone with CM 10.2 back to Verizon. Does anyone have any ideas of how to deal with an issue like this?

Thanks

EDIT: So it turns out with enough rebooting there was a small chance the phone wouldn't shut itself off when in download mode or recovery. So after rebooting about 100 times I managed to make a backup to the SD card and flash my phone back to stock. The button is still messed up, but now I can return it. Just in case anyone else runs into this and wonders what I did.
The Following User Says Thank You to gtadams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtadams View Post
Hey guys,

So my GS3 just started acting up last night and the power button is now ridiculously sensitive, to the point where its really not usable. I called Verizon and they're sending me a new unit this week, but my issue here is I don't know how to return the phone to stock when it seems like even touching the phone could cause it to turn off, and I can't exactly send a phone with CM 10.2 back to Verizon. Does anyone have any ideas of how to deal with an issue like this?

Thanks

EDIT: So it turns out with enough rebooting there was a small chance the phone wouldn't shut itself off when in download mode or recovery. So after rebooting about 100 times I managed to make a backup to the SD card and flash my phone back to stock. The button is still messed up, but now I can return it. Just in case anyone else runs into this and wonders what I did.
Thanks for the update!