Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ViperOne ROM - HTC One

Tip us?

XTakis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ViperOne ROM - HTC One

I'm running ViperOne 4.3.0 (Jan 17) on my HTC one. I have a question and a bug report.

First my question, if I flash an updated version of the same rom will I retain all my data and settings? I believe the answer is yes but would like to confirm.

Now the bug report, if I am using the camera to take pictures then I lock the screen, I cannot unlock the screen. I have to hard reset the phone. My "solution" is to never lock the screen until after switching to the home menu first. I don't see this as a fix in the latest changelog and cannot post in the development thread until I get 10 posts.

Thanks in advance.

ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334294

E.Cadro
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTakis View Post
I'm running ViperOne 4.3.0 (Jan 17) on my HTC one. I have a question and a bug report.

First my question, if I flash an updated version of the same rom will I retain all my data and settings? I believe the answer is yes but would like to confirm.

Now the bug report, if I am using the camera to take pictures then I lock the screen, I cannot unlock the screen. I have to hard reset the phone. My "solution" is to never lock the screen until after switching to the home menu first. I don't see this as a fix in the latest changelog and cannot post in the development thread until I get 10 posts.

Thanks in advance.

ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334294
Moved to Q&A and per this post they are aware of the bug you mentioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to E.Cadro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XTakis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Cadro View Post
Moved to Q&A and per this post they are aware of the bug you mentioned.
Thank you very much! Now if someone could please confirm that flashing an updated version of the viper ROM will not erase my settings I'll have everything I need. Thanks again.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,922
Quote:
Thank you very much!
You can always use the Thanks button

Quote:
Now if someone could please confirm that flashing an updated version of the viper ROM will not erase my settings I'll have everything I need.
You can try a dirty-flash (ie flash without wipe), but it's usually not recommended between different bases. So if you have problems with a dirty-flash, you're going to end up having to flash with wipe.

Use Titanium Backup (or similar) to backup & restore, apps + data, call logs, sms & mms, try to avoid restoring system settings as those are likely to cause problems.

Do a nandroid, dirty-flash, and see how it goes.... still wipe is recommended, between major revisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nodiaque
Old
Thanks Meter 181
many of us have done a dirty-flash from 4.3 to 5.0.0 with success. It's not recommanded since it's a different base, but so far, no issue

HTC One M8 -- Viper 2.4.0 - ElementalX Kernel 1.06 - firewater S-Off - Touch TWRP 2.7.1.0
HTC One M7 -- Viper
HTC One X+ -- Viper
HTC One X -- LeeDroid
HTC Desire HD -- LeeDroid
HTC Desire -- LeeDroid
HTC Touch Diamond -- LeeDroid
The Following User Says Thank You to nodiaque For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]