5,594,151 Members 46,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Maximum battery voltage?

Tip us?

ar_15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full [Q] Maximum battery voltage?

When I use programs that read battery stats, like GSam or Battery Monitor Widget, both of them says that when my battery is full (100%), the voltage is at 4330-4336 mV, which afaik is too much for a Li-ion battery.

My friend with a Galaxy S4 said that when he was charging his phone (was at 70% at the time), the sensor was reading 4313 mV.
But when he got to 100% it dropped to 4266 mV.

Is my battery really at 4.3V or the android sensor is a little off?

Despite the fact that two times already when my phone was below 50% it shutdown overnight (there's a thread here that many others are having something similar), I don't know if my battery is crazy or just the android.

quizmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar_15 View Post
When I use programs that read battery stats, like GSam or Battery Monitor Widget, both of them says that when my battery is full (100%), the voltage is at 4330-4336 mV, which afaik is too much for a Li-ion battery.

My friend with a Galaxy S4 said that when he was charging his phone (was at 70% at the time), the sensor was reading 4313 mV.
But when he got to 100% it dropped to 4266 mV.

Is my battery really at 4.3V or the android sensor is a little off?

Despite the fact that two times already when my phone was below 50% it shutdown overnight (there's a thread here that many others are having something similar), I don't know if my battery is crazy or just the android.
mine reads around the same mV when fully charged so think yours is normal,my battery dropped down too 50% or less a couple of times but never actually shut down.
im running back on jellybean now as i prefer it and the battery is perfect but that could be just coincidence.

vkk178
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I have tried asking Motorola customer care for the care . No answer yet from them . Have a similar post here . I think Motorola uses some different kind of battery technology with higher voltages . But yet to recieve any solid reply on the same . Meanwhile I think my battery's peak voltage has gone down from 4.325 to 4.29 and as a result I am experiencing battery drop from 100% to 80% quite rapidly especially with usage .
Brain waved using the brain