Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Music plays all sounds

Tip us?

FuzzyPukeChain3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Music plays all sounds

I'm on a stock phone using the stock music player and it plays all sounds, not just music. Is there a player that will filter file size?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

jmxc23
Old
Thanks Meter 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPukeChain3 View Post
I'm on a stock phone using the stock music player and it plays all sounds, not just music. Is there a player that will filter file size?

There are media players that don't scan for all audio but there are too many to name. There are others that you can setup to scan only the folders where you put music in. What you're asking for most music players already do in one form or another. In the end you have a choice of 500+ music players out for android.

FuzzyPukeChain3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just want one that doesn't play my notification and ring tones

Using Tapatalk

jmxc23
Old
Thanks Meter 796
Quote:
I just want one that doesn't play my notification and ring tones

You are the second person in two weeks that asked for help for something that can be done yourself by searching the Google play store. Instead you want someone to make the choice for you. This section of the forum is meant for those with problems rooting their phones or with a particular rom and other phone troubles involving the 4.3 ota. This section is also for troubleshooting rooting and flashing issues. Your thread is essentially a suggestion thread(which gets closed) disguised as "help" since you want us to name music players that don't read and play notification and ring tone. You may be mad at this response but please understand that this isn't what this thread section is for. Had you posted about a rooting or flashing related issue more people would be willing to help you.

FuzzyPukeChain3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Not mad, just didn't know where to turn. I've searched the Play Store and didn't find what I needed. Just thought this was an educated forum that could help. Sorry for wasting your time.

Using Tapatalk

HeadlessPonch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Create a playlist containing only the files you want and select it any time you listen to music. That's what I did.

<Don't ask me how I sent this>

sunstreak
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:

If you know where the sound files are, you can place a .nomedia file in the directory, preventing the music player from scanning that directory.