5,593,587 Members 38,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Taxmas upon us you keeping s4 or moving on + best buy offer.

Tip us?

erstad
Old
(Last edited by erstad; 3rd February 2014 at 02:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Default Taxmas upon us you keeping s4 or moving on + best buy offer.

Now that it's tax time are you sticking with the s4 or are you moving on. Also best buy is giving you a $50 gift card if you sign up on website. So what are you doing???

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ols...oCode=RESERVE3 sign up for offer before February 15

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to erstad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dwanhala
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by erstad View Post
Now that it's tax time are you sticking with the s4 or are you moving on. Also best buy is giving you a $50 gift card if you sign up on website. So what are you doing???

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/ols...oCode=RESERVE3 sign up for offer before February 15

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the Best Buy tip. I was hoping that they'd do that again this year. I'll probably get the S5 when it rolls out and I was thinking about the smart watch 2. I realize that the bootloaders will be locked down, but I'm sure that folks here can get us root (always have before), and that's what I usually just end up doing anyway......haven't really messed with roms much since my Captivate.

xLordNitro
Old
Thanks Meter 54
My last day with the S4, My LG G2, comes in tomorrow, 350$ for a brand new G2, I call it a steal. It'll have pretty much the same internals as the S5 as far as I can tell, Snapdragon 800, 2GB of RAM, etc, The only place where I see the S5 perhaps having a better spec is if it has 3GB, of RAM, but That's something I can live with for a 500$ savings on My end. The KnockON feature on the G2 Seems killer. Seems like the phone I Should've gotten all along. The lag with the S4 is a pain in the butt.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 279
I've gotten the moto x. Probably one of the best phones I've ever owned. Don't look at it as a downgrade and you can pick these phones up for a steal. In real life situations this has got to be the perfect phone. When you see something quick and want to snap a picture with wrist twist you can open up your camera and snap a picture without having to turn on the phone all in 2 seconds. Active notifications shows who texted you or emails, etc plus the time. Touch less control works well when your driving and have to call or text someone without taking your eye off the road plus a bonus active assist that will also read your text messages to you while your driving. Not much bloatware bogging down this device with stock android. I chose this over the nexus 5.

MOTO X Slapped

Whafrodamus
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I don't personally own a moto X, but my company uses them (I ordered and set them up) and I'm inclined to agree with you. The moto X, regardless of its specs, is one of the best phones out there. It's fast, has a beautiful screen, great battery life and great build quality. Though there are a few little quirks that aren't that big a deal, but that little phone is comparable to my S4 or Note 2 (both running cm11) in overall usability

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium HD app
Nexus 7- Vanilla Rootbox w/ Franco R61
iMito MX1- Finless 1.7b
Rikomagic MK802IIIs- Neomode 2.0 4.2.2
Rikomagic MK802IV- Stock 4.2.2

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13082
Could this not have gone here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433789
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe