Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! reinstalled stock, still in bootloop. (D800)

Tip us?

allurbase
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Help! reinstalled stock, still in bootloop. (D800)

Hi guys, I have a ATT D800 that was having problems where my phone would freeze during use and go into a bootloop, where I could occasionally get the phone to turn on from said bootloop. So I restored to stock using the lgflashtool application. After restoring I continued to freeze and enter bootloop. I found a suggestion of factory resetting the device after restoring, that has done nothing, I still enter a bootloop after about 30-45 minutes of use. Sometimes it lasts longer, sometimes it doesn't. I couldn't find any answers on this issue, and i definitely don't want to just wright off my phone as broken and ust leave it at that. I really want help, and any of your suggestions are welcome. I don't know if any of you have had this problem before, but if you have please help me. Ive tried restoring from lgflashtools about 4 times to no avail.
Thanks.

Ickyz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Jus Questions

When u flash r u on COM port 41?
Kinda to me sounds like u maybe using the port that the computer randomly throws up & jus to cover bases r u holding the vol up button to Enter Download Mode ? And @ the very end of flash watch the screen it will tell u to POWER OFF I think r u? Cuz I made a few mistakes and it didnt pass a few times idc bout my warranty but the last time I flashed it PASS'D
Ill try n help ya the best!
I am currently tryn to jack my build.props to really no avail!

allurbase
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickyz View Post
When u flash r u on COM port 41?
Kinda to me sounds like u maybe using the port that the computer randomly throws up & jus to cover bases r u holding the vol up button to Enter Download Mode ? And @ the very end of flash watch the screen it will tell u to POWER OFF I think r u? Cuz I made a few mistakes and it didnt pass a few times idc bout my warranty but the last time I flashed it PASS'D
Ill try n help ya the best!
I am currently tryn to jack my build.props to really no avail!
Im using COM 41, I enter download mode and the device pulls through and reboots taking me to the original setup screen. I havent jist powered it off though, although i dpnt believe i was ever prompted to do so.

Ickyz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurbase View Post
Im using COM 41, I enter download mode and the device pulls through and reboots taking me to the original setup screen. I havent jist powered it off though, although i dpnt believe i was ever prompted to do so.
Try flashing the other Version there's a Build o, & build d, if ur stuck in a bootloop it would almost be worth romming something else Right?
Jus to see if it works

allurbase
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickyz View Post
Try flashing the other Version there's a Build o, & build d, if ur stuck in a bootloop it would almost be worth romming something else Right?
Jus to see if it works
I completely agree man, i thought of that but i havent dpne it yet. Ill tey that when i get home tonight and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for your advice, i really appreciate it.

Ickyz
Old
(Last edited by Ickyz; 23rd February 2014 at 02:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default I noticed

I Believe i figured out yer problem!
Were u trying to boot in2 recovery with Rom Manager to TWRP and now ur phone is sorta bricked
HOLD the POWER button until u see the LG screen keep holding phone will restart will b slow soon as it restart POWER off & restart Phone in DOWNLOAD Mode!

Im havin this issue for H*** WITH 4.4 KITKAT

allurbase
Old
(Last edited by allurbase; 23rd February 2014 at 10:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Ugh.

Every time I try restoring to stock it get to 80 percent on the computer and boots me up and tells me that there is a Factory Reset Flag Check fail at the very end.... Tried to factory reset whilst it was still lading, didn't do anything, still freezes up. also tried simply restarting the phone. Nope.