Trident Sandbox : Sandbox Scripting IDE for Windows RT
This is an effort to make the best out of what Microsoft gave us 'out of the box' with Windows RT as far as on-device scripting and coding.
(Updated to version 1.5)
- Geolocation to get your location and give you coordinates or a google map
- Media : play sounds and videos
- Simple RSS parser
- Charting : jqplot demo
- Grid :jqgrid demo
- Web Request demos for IMDB and weather.gov
- Simple WebGL demos (for ie 11)
- HTML 5 Canvas starfield
- Loan Calculator with html 5 graph
- Supports fullscreen API for development and user areas
- Simple Crypto.JS demo
There's an interface for you to do your own simple file I/O as well (save text files or serialize json objects as text files and load them later)
To install :
- Download TridentSandbox.zip to an area like your Documents or Downloads folder.
: If you are on Windows RT, Windows 8 or 8.1, right click on the downloaded zip file and choose properties... it may say the file came from the web and give you an option to unblock it... unblock it. Then extract it. If you already extracted it you can right click on the TridentSandbox.htm file choose properties and it will have same option to unblock it... so unblock it.
- Go into the newly extracted directory and run TridentSandbox.htm (it will run in either metro or desktop ie, but I prefer desktop ie, which in that case you might need to drag and drop the htm file onto desktop ie program to load (then bookmark).
- If it asks you to enable scripts, choose yes
- You can load samples which are located in the samples subfolder. (load the 'Hello Trident Sandbox.prg' sample for simple help page)
- You can save samples into that folder as well as anywhere else... like SkyDrive. Files manually loaded and saved can be located anywhere but assets referenced as urls within your programs need to be in folder hierarchy (at or below the Trident Sandbox web page you loaded).