Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AdAway app not working

Tip us?

blkhrt13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default AdAway app not working

Alright, the majority of us here on xda are root users, and I'm sure we all use or have used AdAway to remove ads from our apps. Well lately AdAway hasn't been working for me at all. I go in to it, grant root, download and apply, reboot, then whenever I open up an app to test it, there are ads everywhere! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13 View Post
Alright, the majority of us here on xda are root users, and I'm sure we all use or have used AdAway to remove ads from our apps. Well lately AdAway hasn't been working for me at all. I go in to it, grant root, download and apply, reboot, then whenever I open up an app to test it, there are ads everywhere! Is anyone else experiencing this?

I use crossbreader that blocks most ads internally, but I know adaway works by using host sources to apply patches. It's possible some of the initial lists included with the download are down. What I would do is use Google and try to find additional sources, and add those paths to the settings. That might improve it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bandroid7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use AdAway with the Hosts list from this thread as well as MinMinGuard Xposed module. Very good results. I can confirm AdAway is still working for me, just updated/applied my hosts lists through the app.

sunstreak
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13 View Post

try this https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install