[ROM][AOSP][4.3.1][WEEKLY][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom [18/11/2013]

Search This thread

thETImo

May 18, 2011
Kotikaupunki
Can I access AriesParts somewhere in the settings? I want to reduce the speaker volume for incoming calls.

Sent from my Nokia RinGo

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2013
hello. i have problem with handsfree. with stock rom sound was very loud and when i press the button on handsfree it stop the music. but now with carbon rom the sound is not that loud (- 40%) and only when i press the button sound came to normal (100%) and when i releas the button again only 40%.have any idea?

Sorry for bad english

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

hello. i have problem with handsfree. with stock rom sound was very loud and when i press the button on handsfree it stop the music. but now with carbon rom the sound is not that loud (- 40%) and only when i press the button sound came to normal (100%) and when i releas the button again only 40%.have any idea?

Sorry for bad english

The_Wolf91

Feb 15, 2012
Hi guys, today I tried to compile the "Monday week", but it failed because of an application which has been updated but repo was not properly fixed and so it keeps failing. Don't have time to investigate, I'll see if in next days I can release it.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Urticant2

Apr 26, 2013
Hi guys, today I tried to compile the "Monday week", but it failed because of an application which has been updated but repo was not properly fixed and so it keeps failing. Don't have time to investigate, I'll see if in next days I can release it.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

I think the best for now is you sync kk branch because carbon team has drop 4.3.1 there is no more addition or bug correction

Last edited:

The_Wolf91

Feb 15, 2012
I think the best for now is you sync kk branch because carbon team has drop 4.3.1 there is no more addition or bug correction

And that's true, in fact I was also thinking to leave the actual rom as the last. I'm already working on Carbon KK, but I'm encountering problems with RIL (no signal problem).

Last edited:
Reactions: Urticant2

Urticant2

Apr 26, 2013
And that's true, in fact I was also thinking to leave the actual rom as the last. I'm already working on Carbon KK, but I'm encountering problems with RIL (no signal problem).

Oh I see
I hope that you'll find
Good luck ^^

Edit: You have probably try RIL libs from others/cm rom and change radio to XXJW4

Last edited:

PekingDuck

Sep 21, 2013
Hey @ all, who can tell me where can i find the settings for the toggles?

... and question 2: There is an app for the mackay kernel settings?

Thanks.

Last edited:

L_S

Nov 6, 2011
@The_Wolf91 or any other user.
Please reupload latest 4.3.1 version, xdafileserver is shutdown :crying:

Last edited:

krige

Jan 23, 2011
OK, i loved carbonrom jb, super smoth, flip tiles and a lot of cool features. With a custom theme for fix signal icon was perfect, but i will use carbon kk :fingers-crossed:

Is there a Carbon KK for the i9000? Where can we find it?

Edit: I think I've found it, it's this, right?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Thread​
    This is unofficial CarbonRom 4.3.1 compiled from Source. It will be released every week (or as soon as possible). Post bugs here.​

About Carbon​
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features​
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.​

Screenshots
    screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates
    Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.​

Download and Changelog​
    Download
    GApps (I suggest Mini Modular Package)
    Changelog

Known Bugs​

Same CM10.2 for galaxysmtd​

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com/ This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.​

FAQ
    1) Can't mount internal and external sdcard on PC
    Go to "Settings"-->"Storage"-->Press Menu Button-->"USB computer connection"-->Mark "Mass storage"​

Thanks
    CarbonDev (for permission)
    aways (for permission)
    Stratosk (for Kernel)
    kasper_h (for Kernel)​
    CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20131104-1440-galaxysmtd
    Changelog

I'm sorry for the delay, but I had to re-sync repositories and restore my computer (many problems with my HD).
    CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20131028-1320-galaxysmtd
    MD5: 72359B3F8E27F00DDFC5424BD88D5925
    Size: 130.2 MB
    Changelog
    Code:
        Fixes to different parts of the system
        Small changes
        (can you tell that we are busy on the weekends by all these “small changes”? :P)
        Small fixes
        Various small fixes to multiple devices
        Many small changes to various parts of the system
        Many system changes in telephony and camera from CM. May cause fc on boot if you have a custom kernel with a custom ramdisk.
        Other small fixes/changes

Upload will finish in 10 minutes.
    CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130923-1203-galaxysmtd
    Changelog
    Code:
    Lots of small, but helpful changes. Check GitHub for more info :) https://github.com/CarbonDev/android_frameworks_base/commits/jb3
    Active Display updates
    Gallery fixed
    Lockscreen targets fixed
    Added back halo effect color
    Choose position of recents clear all button (BR, BL, TR, TL) (some devices might not have this until tomorrow)
    Show Carbon logo background when no recents apps are present (some devices might not have this until tomorrow)
    Volume keys music controls option
    Notification sound-to-vibration conversion
    vibrate during call option
    power connect/disconnect notifications
    power, home, or both buttons wake options
    Merge r3.1
    Bluetooth changes from CM
    Added Active Display from Chameleon OS
    Remove Focal (This is why the zip is smaller)
    Fix left/right ribbon height https://github.com/CarbonDev/android_frameworks_base/commit/147677c716615aba9700c5258b3ddc0ffbe019fc
    Carbon Fibers redesign
    Add system Animations category in Carbon Fibers
    SuperUser updated to fix the file manager issues
    Updated to r3 branch, new build number JLS36C
    Fixes to the “launch player headset connection” option
    Yesterday night I found out the problem which was that the phone tried to enable MTP and not the mass storage.
    The issue could be solved by typing in a terminal emulator app or in adb shell this commands:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
    and then reboot.

However, there's a better solution with the latest ROM which I'm uploading now that enables a menu in Storage settings, which permits you to set USB Mass Storage instead of MTP.

Upload will be completed in about 8 minutes:
    MD5: AE36728182746653A5D823556E5765E8
    Changelog
    Code:
    Small fixes to various things
    Add powerwidget brightness slider
    Touch up Carbon Fibers
    Minor fixups all over
    Fix ribbon lockscreen behavior
    Volume rocker wake
    Rotation settings
    Adaptive Backlight support