Thread Closed

[Q] Can I or Can't I flash custom ROMs???

OP joemichaels239

24th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Unicoi
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
from what i've read and from my limited experience. it is not possible to flash custom ROMs on phones that have OTA update 4.3 jelly bean firmware issued by Verizon VRUCML1. but there are instructions for how to flash custom ROMs to this phone in numerous forums and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973982 this post says recovery is required. that is not possible on my phone.

I don't understand how this is could be possible since a bootloader and recovery program must be installed first cannot install custom recovery on my phone due to the Knox flag and/or locked bootloader of 4.3 firmware, therefore I cannot flash custom ROMs as indicated by the above post and others.

can i flash custom ROMs without bricking? i am rooted 4.3 SCH-I535V and cannot install CWM Recovery using ROM Manger Pro. It fails due to locked bootloader/Knox.

thanks
Last edited by joemichaels239; 24th February 2014 at 01:07 AM.
24th February 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 768

1,522 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemichaels239

from what i've read and from my limited experience. it is not possible to flash custom ROMs on phones that have OTA update 4.3 jelly bean firmware issued by Verizon VRUCML1. but there are instructions for how to flash custom ROMs to this phone in numerous forums and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1973982 this post says recovery is required. that is not possible on my phone.

I don't understand how this is could be possible since a bootloader and recovery program must be installed first cannot install custom recovery on my phone due to the Knox flag and/or locked bootloader of 4.3 firmware, therefore I cannot flash custom ROMs as indicated by the above post and others.

can i flash custom ROMs without bricking? i am rooted 4.3 SCH-I535V and cannot install CWM Recovery using ROM Manger Pro. It fails due to locked bootloader/Knox.

thanks

Read everything here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

Short answer, yes you can but you're limited to TouchWiz 4.3 roms only.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Unicoi

20 posts
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

Read everything here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

Short answer, yes you can but you're limited to TouchWiz 4.3 roms only.

so, the tuturoial post I referenced (which seems like more of an advertisemnt touting the ROM) for the AllianceRom is incorrect and will cause people with these phones to brick them?
24th February 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #4  

1,522 posts
Quote:

so, the tuturoial post I referenced (which seems like more of an advertisemnt touting the ROM) for the AllianceRom is incorrect and will cause people with these phones to brick them?

No.

People with unlocked bootloaders can follow those instructions. If you have the 4.3 Ota update you can't follow those directions.

To be precise, beans should have included instructions for 4.3 users also. But it's still the same instructions once you load safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Edit: deleted, was looking at the wrong page.

24th February 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Unicoi

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

No.

People with unlocked bootloaders can follow those instructions. If you have the 4.3 Ota update you can't follow those directions.

To be precise, beans should have included instructions for 4.3 users also. But it's still the same instructions once you load safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"

i'm still confused. it would be nice if somewhere there were clear, correct instructions for 4.3 OTA updated SCH-I535 Verizon S3's.
24th February 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #6  

1,522 posts
Quote:

"

i'm still confused. it would be nice if somewhere there were clear, correct instructions for 4.3 OTA updated SCH-I535 Verizon S3's.

I literally just linked you to clear cut instructions for the 4.3 Ota....

Not sure what else you want to know that isn't included there, I'm not going to spoon feed you the instructions on what exactly to do. You need to read what I linked you and understand for yourself what you're about to do to your device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread