Unbrick Samsung Galaxy AMP

7th February 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hey I was trying to root my Samsung Galaxy AMP and it is now soft bricked. Is there a way that I can unbrick my phone? Or does someone know of anyone who can un brick the Galaxy AMP? Thanks for reading hopefully someone has a solution.
9th February 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
stock ROM?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by powahowserep

Hey I was trying to root my Samsung Galaxy AMP and it is now soft bricked. Is there a way that I can unbrick my phone? Or does someone know of anyone who can un brick the Galaxy AMP? Thanks for reading hopefully someone has a solution.

Did you do it by trying to flash some custom image using Odin? What we need to do is somehow find the stock tar.md5 and we'll be set. Have you tried holding the vol up key as it's booting and doing a factory reset?

Edit:

A user in another thread posted the links to the stock recovery files for the Aio version of this device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2387277&page=2

I just tested them on my Galaxy AMP and it worked like a charm. Now that these files are released, I plan on attempting some custom development. Good luck, let me know if you need help with anything.
Last edited by derekthederek; 12th February 2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added additional information
The Following User Says Thank You to derekthederek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Hey thanks for the info i tried to flash a custom rom to my phone and bricked it. It still turns on but that's it all i see is the samsung logo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekthederek

Did you do it by trying to flash some custom image using Odin? What we need to do is somehow find the stock tar.md5 and we'll be set. Have you tried holding the vol up key as it's booting and doing a factory reset?

Edit:

A user in another thread posted the links to the stock recovery files for the Aio version of this device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2387277&page=2

I just tested them on my Galaxy AMP and it worked like a charm. Now that these files are released, I plan on attempting some custom development. Good luck, let me know if you need help with anything.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread