RKM MK802 IV poor Ethernet performance

OP Zaparl

22nd February 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi!

I bought an RKM Mk802 IV of the first series with old WiFi chip. My idea was to substitute an old windows machine from 2003 attached to my saloon TV set which I use mainly as a player of movies stored in other windows computer of the same network. That old machine is unable to play 1080p clips and I thought it would be a good and silent solution to make the 'switch' to an android stick .

Once plugged I noticed the skip frame problem and the low wifi performance so I flashed the device with different custom ROMS until I stayed with Neomode's NEOTV 1.5 and bought this HUB to get rid of wifi problems

Asiapads Zero Devices quattro, Android compatible (sorry, since I'm noob I cant' paste the direct link to the product with specs)

So they sent me the HUB with a CD-ROM with drivers in chinese (?), began the testing and noticed that performance is even worse than wifi. Barely can play 720p clips... So I came to a dead end. The ethernet rig is the same than the old machine and I can only guess that I have something to do with the drivers in the CD but after extensive search over Inet for some people with same problem I arrived at freaktab forums first and now here.

People at asiapads are not answering my mails and I'm nearly to throw the towel. I don't know if the drivers can be installed (I don't even know if they are drivers for the device). From the picture below I guess my model is the last one (USB LAN RD9700)

(cant post screenshots This was a picture of the folders contained in the CD which are)

A folder named: ADM8513.Driver
A folder named: AX88772A Driver
A folder named: AX88772B.Driver
A folder named: DM9601 Drivers
A folder named: RS9600 Drivers
A folder named: ucb.LAN,ADM8515 Driver
A folder named: USB.LAN,RD9700Driver

Once inside USB LAN RD9700 folder I can see this

(cant post screenshots )

A folder named: Linux
A folder named: MAC DRIVER
A folder named: RD9700Setup微软数字认证
A folder named: sr9700_android_2.6.35
A folder named: win2K.XP.VISTA.WIN7-32
A folder named: WINCE500
A folder named: WINCE600
A folder named: winXP.VISTA.WIN7-64

And inside the sr9700_android_2.6.35 folder I see this

(cant post screenshots )

A file named: Makefile
A file named: sr9700.c
A file named: sr9700.h

which look like the driver files. Not used to Linux or Android so I can only guess I have to copy those files to the stick and somehow install them. That is of course if my problem is caused because of not having installed that, which I really don't know...

Neomode from freaktab was nice enough to began to guide me but he is very busy with all the roms he's developing. He said me to post a dmesg file which is attached to this post

As you can see I'm really lost here. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (69.0 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Zaparl; 22nd February 2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Forgot attachment
24th February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Rkm mk802iv
Sorry but I don't quite understand? I actually have both the MK802III and the MK802IV and they are phenomenal. I am currently using a ubs Ethernet adapter rather than wi-fi (which you are right in saying it is garbage) I use media house for NAS media access, and MX player as the player. on a side note BubbleUPNP is really good if you want to stream music from your phone, well that is if you have a Samsung, and works quite well if you want to "play to" from windows for music video etc. I have had no problems streaming certain 1080p video files (p.s. rikomagic's firmware update covers that issue for true 1080p) mainly mkv and mp4, some avi codecs have stuttering issues, almost all 720p is flawless.

If you are really set on using the wi-fi, a quick search will reveal hardware hacks for soldering a new antenna on. I tried for the MK802III, the wireless on that particular model is quite bad the MK802IV is much improved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread