5,599,033 Members 32,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for some help with the galaxy gear

Tip us?

Brendo
Old
(Last edited by Brendo; 8th December 2013 at 11:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
Without downloading the gear manager apk from someone who posted it on XDA I could not get the phone to prompt anything and the connection failed.

After downloading the apk for gear manager I was able to get the limited connectivity set up. I am guessing this is because the ROM is not very compatible and I will try to find one that works better.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry for wasting time. I cannot find the OEM battery cover for the phone, just the OEM battery and neither work when trying to bump the cradle to it. What a silly way for samsung to deliver the download... I don't understand why there is no option for a download from them.
No, that is not how it works. You need the gear manager to connect and you just download this from the Samsung store (or I've posted all the apks). Anyway, nfc is just used to automatically pair devices and that is all, nothing else - it's simply less user interaction this way

EDIT: nfc looks to be part of the back cover (http://allaboutsamsung.de/wp-content...charging_2.jpg)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock JB 4.3 | XXUEML6 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUBMH1 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: AUSDIM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb

[ROM: Jellybean 4.3 | CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]

Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 (T520) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Google Glass (Explorer)
--------
My Android Downloads
--------
OPTUS Post Paid | 3 UK PAYG | Orange France Pre Paid

fOmey
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocksmash View Post
Without downloading the gear manager apk from someone who posted it on XDA I could not get the phone to prompt anything and the connection failed.

After downloading the apk for gear manager I was able to get the limited connectivity set up. I am guessing this is because the ROM is not very compatible and I will try to find one that works better.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry for wasting time. I cannot find the OEM battery cover for the phone, just the OEM battery and neither work when trying to bump the cradle to it. What a silly way for samsung to deliver the download... I don't understand why there is no option for a download from them.
You can download gear manager directly from the app called "samsung apps", its considered bloat to some developers.. so it may be stripped out of the rom your using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo View Post
No, that is not how it works. You need the gear manager to connect and you just download this from the Samsung store (or I've posted all the apks). Anyway, nfc is just used to automatically pair devices and that is all, nothing else - it's simply less user interaction this way
Exactly.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

drocksmash
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
You can download gear manager directly from the app called "samsung apps", its considered bloat to some developers.. so it may be stripped out of the rom your using.

Exactly.
Update
Thanks for all the help guys. I got a 4.3 ROM and still had issues so I'm just going to return it.

R0CKSTAR3N3RGY
Old
(Last edited by R0CKSTAR3N3RGY; 9th December 2013 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Deleted
Devices: Samsung Epic 4G Touch, Asus TF700T, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Gear Watch
SGS4:
TF700:
ROM: Negalite WondeROM 4.3
ROM: CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.1
Kernel: KT-SGS4-JB4.3
Kernel: 3.1.10 _that OC+
Modem: MK2

PM me of you're interested in Phantom Hackers last release of Gingerbread Blazer ROM for the E4GT.

Mcca21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had an issue with the same thing where the nfc would only bring up an empty tag also my gear wouldn't connect to my phone via bluetooth so I had to unroot and go back to stock which I hate funny thing is I have null on my gear wish I could be rooted on my phone I hate this bloatware main reason why I rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Mcca21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcca21 View Post
I had an issue with the same thing where the nfc would only bring up an empty tag also my gear wouldn't connect to my phone via bluetooth so I had to unroot and go back to stock which I hate funny thing is I have null on my gear wish I could be rooted on my phone I hate this bloatware main reason why I rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
ThNks