Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any body with repairing phone experience here?

Tip us?

gypsy214
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 458
Default Any body with repairing phone experience here?

I cracked my screen so I ordered a new one. Taken the phone apart to replace the screen lcd was easy but when I finished putting it all back together and turned it on the microphone doesn't work. I have taken it apart more than 3 times already to see what is the issue.

Microphone doesnt seem to be ripped or broken. So i was just wondering what to do,

Will take some close up pictures and upload them if you like.
IF I HELP YOU AND IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
<===============
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3549831_2.gif

pdolo5784
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i actually took mine apart today to fix the glass and lcd...i ordered just the touchscreen glass not the lcd/digitizer combo...i actually seperated the glass from lcd somewhat easily but when i put my lcd on my bed...my cat jumped on my bed knocked the lcd to the ground and cracked it haha im so pissed so now i just ordered the combo....im not sure about ur mic, did u struggle to disconnect it when taking it apart? maybe u broke and piece of metal next to it?

gypsy214
Old
(Last edited by gypsy214; 24th February 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdolo5784 View Post
i actually took mine apart today to fix the glass and lcd...i ordered just the touchscreen glass not the lcd/digitizer combo...i actually seperated the glass from lcd somewhat easily but when i put my lcd on my bed...my cat jumped on my bed knocked the lcd to the ground and cracked it haha im so pissed so now i just ordered the combo....im not sure about ur mic, did u struggle to disconnect it when taking it apart? maybe u broke and piece of metal next to it?
Here is the combo that I bought from fixez.com. It was the only original that i could find online since others were not.
I had not trouble taking it out of its house. I see that it hooked to motherboard and then that square in the end and goes into that box but I dont see any connection in that box. And the other end from the motherboard and all of it around seems to be normal with no tear.

Edit. Took it apart again. And kinda pushed the thick wire of the microphone together. Still didnt worked. But tried something I havent tried. The microphone works when the phone is on speaker. Wth
IF I HELP YOU AND IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
<===============
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3549831_2.gif