XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stumped

Tip us?

ginseng8888
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation [Q] Stumped

I've had this phone for years and I'm always messing with it.. But now it's doing something I can't figure out how to fix. No matter how I wipe, reset, re-rom the phone, the problem is always there. The phone even in a fully wiped and reset mode will tell me the internal memory is full right away. Then, in settings - storage, it shows the the internal memory is nearly out and the usb is nearly empty. aren't these two suppose to be the same thing?? i feel like I'm asking a really stupid question but I'd really like to be rid of this problem..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-20-07-51.png
Views:	14678
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2576208  

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginseng8888 View Post
I've had this phone for years and I'm always messing with it.. But now it's doing something I can't figure out how to fix. No matter how I wipe, reset, re-rom the phone, the problem is always there. The phone even in a fully wiped and reset mode will tell me the internal memory is full right away. Then, in settings - storage, it shows the the internal memory is nearly out and the usb is nearly empty. aren't these two suppose to be the same thing?? i feel like I'm asking a really stupid question but I'd really like to be rid of this problem..
Have you flashed any Kit Kat ROMs lately? Usually this problem is a result of the data/lost+found folder being bloated after running ART on any number of 4.4 ROMs. Wipes don't get rid of it. Delete it with a file explorer app of your choice and see if that solves the issue.

sagirfahmid3
Old
Thanks Meter 23
No worries, it's a simple fix. The lost+found folder contains a bunch of junk, and that's what's taking up all your space. My GS2 also had this problem.

adb root
adb shell
cd /data/
rm -rf lost+found

Done.
Nook Color running CM7 Mirage, no gapps, Nook Tweaks app @ 1.3GHz (+500MHz past stock 0.8GHz)
Nook Tablet running CM10.1.3, no gapps, BexusNv4 kernel @ 1.3GHz (+300MHz x2 past stock 1GHz)
SGS2 T-Mobile (unlocked) running HellyBean 4.2.2, no gapps, @ 1.72GHz (+~200MHz x2 past stock 1.51GHz)

Cesar124
Old
Thanks Meter 8
^ This and also, check your Android folder with a file viewer app or simply by plugging it in to your computer, I had GTA SA installed but when I flashed a new rom, I never deleted the data folder where it contained everything about San Andreas.
-Daily phone flasher
-JDM Car Head
-Proud to be a Geek!
-True Samsung Fan
-Android lover
-Proud to be Salvadorian yo!
"A true car head would respect any built car regardless if it's a 4, 6, 8, or 12 cylinder."

hatememarkz
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar124 View Post
^ This and also, check your Android folder with a file viewer app or simply by plugging it in to your computer, I had GTA SA installed but when I flashed a new rom, I never deleted the data folder where it contained everything about San Andreas.
How does this play on our gs2

😈TEAMHELLDEVS😈
😈HELLKAT😈 T989

Cesar124
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatememarkz View Post
How does this play on our gs2

😈TEAMHELLDEVS😈
😈HELLKAT😈 T989
It's ok, performance is good but it's the controls that pretty much ruin the game, If you have something like a controller plugged in to the S2, I don't think it would be a problem.
-Daily phone flasher
-JDM Car Head
-Proud to be a Geek!
-True Samsung Fan
-Android lover
-Proud to be Salvadorian yo!
"A true car head would respect any built car regardless if it's a 4, 6, 8, or 12 cylinder."
Tags
internal memory, sgs2, storage, usb