[Q] Stumped

OP ginseng8888

13th February 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
More
I've had this phone for years and I'm always messing with it.. But now it's doing something I can't figure out how to fix. No matter how I wipe, reset, re-rom the phone, the problem is always there. The phone even in a fully wiped and reset mode will tell me the internal memory is full right away. Then, in settings - storage, it shows the the internal memory is nearly out and the usb is nearly empty. aren't these two suppose to be the same thing?? i feel like I'm asking a really stupid question but I'd really like to be rid of this problem..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-20-07-51.png
Views:	14678
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2576208  
13th February 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1,291

2,038 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginseng8888

I've had this phone for years and I'm always messing with it.. But now it's doing something I can't figure out how to fix. No matter how I wipe, reset, re-rom the phone, the problem is always there. The phone even in a fully wiped and reset mode will tell me the internal memory is full right away. Then, in settings - storage, it shows the the internal memory is nearly out and the usb is nearly empty. aren't these two suppose to be the same thing?? i feel like I'm asking a really stupid question but I'd really like to be rid of this problem..

Have you flashed any Kit Kat ROMs lately? Usually this problem is a result of the data/lost+found folder being bloated after running ART on any number of 4.4 ROMs. Wipes don't get rid of it. Delete it with a file explorer app of your choice and see if that solves the issue.
13th February 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 25

180 posts
No worries, it's a simple fix. The lost+found folder contains a bunch of junk, and that's what's taking up all your space. My GS2 also had this problem.

adb root
adb shell
cd /data/
rm -rf lost+found

Done.
13th February 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Central Islip
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
More
^ This and also, check your Android folder with a file viewer app or simply by plugging it in to your computer, I had GTA SA installed but when I flashed a new rom, I never deleted the data folder where it contained everything about San Andreas.
15th February 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag tallahasseee
Thanks Meter: 796

2,954 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar124

^ This and also, check your Android folder with a file viewer app or simply by plugging it in to your computer, I had GTA SA installed but when I flashed a new rom, I never deleted the data folder where it contained everything about San Andreas.

How does this play on our gs2

😈TEAMHELLDEVS😈
😈HELLKAT😈 T989
24th February 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag Central Islip
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatememarkz

How does this play on our gs2

😈TEAMHELLDEVS😈
😈HELLKAT😈 T989

It's ok, performance is good but it's the controls that pretty much ruin the game, If you have something like a controller plugged in to the S2, I don't think it would be a problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
internal memory, sgs2, storage, usb
Previous Thread Next Thread