Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP/CWM Data Restore Fail

Tip us?

turnip29
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation TWRP/CWM Data Restore Fail

PLEASE HELP!!!

CWM used to restore backed up ROMs, no problem. In the last 3 or so months, restores fail, without fail, while restoring data. I flashed a TWRP recovery and tried backing up/restoring through TWRP. Same problem. System and Boot restore fine, but Data always fails.

This was never a problem until around the beginning of November 2013. Does anybody know how to fix this? I've tried the wiping SD card method, backing up to internal memory, etc. etc. with no luck.

Thanks,

Turnip29

Bartbig
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Other Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip29 View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!

CWM used to restore backed up ROMs, no problem. In the last 3 or so months, restores fail, without fail, while restoring data. I flashed a TWRP recovery and tried backing up/restoring through TWRP. Same problem. System and Boot restore fine, but Data always fails.

This was never a problem until around the beginning of November 2013. Does anybody know how to fix this? I've tried the wiping SD card method, backing up to internal memory, etc. etc. with no luck.

Thanks,

Turnip29
I had the same problem, installed another Recovery: and that solved the problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1387533161
Best Regards,

Bart van den Biggelaar
Netherlands
Samsung S4 Active (I9295) Root-Stock 4.2 Deodexed
The Following User Says Thank You to Bartbig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiskael
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip29 View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,

Turnip29
I've had this problem before. I am sorry, but if that particular backup is corrupted for whatever reason, then it's unrecoverable. The post above is your best option, flash a working recovery. I hope you didn't have any precious files saved to the device itself, but most of your photos and other media was probably stored on your SD Card which should be fine (unless you specifically wiped it).

Sometimes it's best to just start over anyway.