Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Service after CM10 (and back to stock)

Tip us?

rhaces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Service after CM10 (and back to stock)

Hi All, Yesterday I was trying to have my old backup Rezound into CM10 to replace a broken S3. I followed the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2113140 to flash my Unlocked and S-On to CM10 but after all the steps (see Q&A How to flash on S-On) everything seemed to be working ok but I have no service at all. Then I decided to move to TACHYON following the details on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2431552 but again, no service at all. Today I decided to do a downgrade to Stock via RUU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509770), I even got S-Off to follow step by step of that thread, however after all the efforts, still no service. The first time I botted after all the steps in that thread, I could see 3G for a few seconds but then everything went off and no service (I see 1 bar in my signal from time to time, but can't even make a call).

Any ideas on how to find out what the issue is and how to solve it? Right now I', S-Off, Re-Locked and with the latest RUU

rhaces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So here's the new finding: I changed mobile network to just CDMA and now I could get 3G and service (good news), however if I go back to LTE/CDMA I never get to 4G. Still researching

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaces View Post
So here's the new finding: I changed mobile network to just CDMA and now I could get 3G and service (good news), however if I go back to LTE/CDMA I never get to 4G. Still researching
What Hboot and radios?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

rhaces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
What Hboot and radios?

HBOOT 2.28.0000
Radio 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r
OpenDSP (not sure if its needed, but here it is) 14.6.0.7708.00.0507

Thanks,
Rodrigo

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
So stock and no 4G? Bad SIM maybe?

Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

rhaces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
So stock and no 4G? Bad SIM maybe?

It is weird, because I got it from Verizon yesterday (my S3 broke so I went to activet this one) and it was working ok until I flashed CM10. I won't bother to go back to verizon cause I'm getting a new phone in the next week or so, however I wish I could have 4G this few days.

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It is weird, because I got it from Verizon yesterday (my S3 broke so I went to activet this one) and it was working ok until I flashed CM10. I won't bother to go back to verizon cause I'm getting a new phone in the next week or so, however I wish I could have 4G this few days.
i know this sounds odd but the rezound acts weird with verzion if the Android OS on stock was not activated with that sim.... are you s-on
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4_r2] AICP 5.0 Kernel: Render Kernel R10 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

rhaces
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
i know this sounds odd but the rezound acts weird with verzion if the Android OS on stock was not activated with that sim.... are you s-on
I'm S-Off, I was S-on with CM10 and had to do an S-Off to go back to stock. Not sure if it is possible to go back to S-On? could that fix it?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm S-Off, I was S-on with CM10 and had to do an S-Off to go back to stock. Not sure if it is possible to go back to S-On? could that fix it?
you can but will not fix it and is complicated to do...what version of cm10 are you on...may just be the build as certain cm10 builds had the issue
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4_r2] AICP 5.0 Kernel: Render Kernel R10 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated