ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root will brick my phone after OTA?

OP fernandodx15

24th February 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
Hi guys, im from latin america and i own a d805 LG G2, i have rooted my phone but i havent installed a custom recovery or a custom rom or anything, just rooted and uninstalled a few apps that came with the carrier. My question is, when the update shows up, it will brick my device because it is rooted? Or do i only lose root acces? I am a little confused at that, sorry for my english, thanks.

Sent from my LG-D805 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257

562 posts
More
You can't get ota updates if your rooted. It'll say device has been modified. If you really want the update you can try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 and after you'll have to re-root again
Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 7th April 2014 at 10:49 AM.
24th February 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

You can't get ota updates if your rooted. It'll say device has been modified. If you really want the update you can try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2336392 and after you'll have to re-root again

Thats for LG G2? And all these is necessary? Or can i just factory reset in the stock recovery to erase the root and get the apos again? Or it wont change anything? Thanks

Sent from my LG-D805 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 396

1,251 posts
More
you need to go back to stock rom in order for OTA to work properly
24th February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257

562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandodx15

Thats for LG G2? And all these is necessary? Or can i just factory reset in the stock recovery to erase the root and get the apos again? Or it wont change anything? Thanks

A factory reset won't erase root. A better way of restoring would probably be this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476 Its still pretty detailed but those are your only options. Its like removing a tattoo
24th February 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 462

2,979 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is his device different from ATT Version? I've got ATT D800. Was on D80010o. Rooted. Updated to KitKat D80020c and Root remained. Maybe non-ATT devices are different though.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSport For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread