Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Dev Edition Maxx - how to get root access / possible Stock Recovery problem?

OP TerrorTodd

8th January 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 147

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT

Sir..Friend..if you ever have time..would/could you work up a document (in detail) what it took to Root your XT1080M DE..I will most likely purchase the DE soon..I have two XT1080M Public..but SO much desire the DE also..

I'm no dev, or expert..and have worked with adb some..but I'd probably be lost without a step by step instructions..from start to finish..

If you do not have the time..do you know someone that will.?
This document would help so many..If I knew the procedure, I would work up a .docx ..

I do have instruction and zip ( a kit ) that I worked up for "RockMyMoto" that I have shared with many, and seems to be very effective..and saves alot of time of explanation in the threads..I just post a link..and lots less time keyboard instructions to everyone interested..Thought It'd be great to do something like that for the issue at hand here..

Thanks..

sent by my 4.2.2_12.15.15
RockMyMoto Root..SafeStrap v3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)

Not much to write up about rooting the Dev Edition. Find the TWRP recovery image in the moto X forums. Fastboot flash it (Fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img) reboot to the bootloader (Fastboot reboot-bootloader) choose recovery, reboot system, swipe to install root, AND.... you're done
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BladeRunner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 554

1,352 posts
Edit: SORRY..my post was out of context..
Last edited by NWKENT; 24th February 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread