Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

[Q] Stuck on build 2.24.401.9. Want out with OTA / Other Stock Rom

22nd February 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi all,

I've been banging my head for quite some time on why I haven't received any of the OTA updates. I'm still on 4.2.2 and seeing my friends, with different variants of course, getting KitKat... pisses me off

As you can see I'm S-on and was wondering if I really need to go through the hassle of S-Off.
Can anyone here offer a simple walkthrough or a link to download a relevant OTA or Stock ROM that could start getting me OTA updates?

In the searches I've done I couldn't find an OTA I could manually flash since none of the OTAs base versions is 2.24.401.9. Signature fail every time.

adb and fastboot fully functional.
I didn't flash any recovery or other img yet. Fresh out of the box.

Here are my device details:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT37BW900798
(bootloader) imei: Mod edit removed IMEI
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__K18
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4309mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ita
Last edited by Ghost; 22nd February 2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Removed IMEI
22nd February 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
cr1960's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 305
 
1,417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itaita22

Hi all,

I've been banging my head for quite some time on why I haven't received any of the OTA updates. I'm still on 4.2.2 and seeing my friends, with different variants of course, getting KitKat... pisses me off

As you can see I'm S-on and was wondering if I really need to go through the hassle of S-Off.
Can anyone here offer a simple walkthrough or a link to download a relevant OTA or Stock ROM that could start getting me OTA updates?

In the searches I've done I couldn't find an OTA I could manually flash since none of the OTAs base versions is 2.24.401.9. Signature fail every time.

adb and fastboot fully functional.
I didn't flash any recovery or other img yet. Fresh out of the box.

Here are my device details:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT37BW900798
(bootloader) imei: Mod edit removed IMEI
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__K18
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4309mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ita

No idea why people want stock OTA...

Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, flash whatever rom you want. No need for s-off.
Simple as 1, 2, 3.
Last edited by Ghost; 22nd February 2014 at 12:58 PM.
22nd February 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #3  
Ghost's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
XDA MODERATOR
Thanks Meter: 4,088
 
5,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Moderator Information,

I have removed your IMEI number. This is personal information and you shouldn't post it on line.

Ghost
22nd February 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I have exactly the same problem. HTC One is unrooted (or whatever HTC's expression for root is), but it doesnt want to update to last version 4.4.2, which is already available for my version 3.62.401.1.
If anyhone has an idea how to get OTA for 4.4.2, please let us know.
22nd February 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
bored_stupid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 184
 
667 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Why not just flash ARHD 5.1...4.19.401.8.
You will have the latest rom, identical to the stock Rom, but slicker, faster and better. When HTC decide to update that Rom, ARHD will be the first to offer it. No waiting for it to become available for you country/network or variant.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
23rd February 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

No idea why people want stock OTA...

Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, flash whatever rom you want. No need for s-off.
Simple as 1, 2, 3.

Well, thanks.
I wish to have stock OTA so I won't need to chase after stable releases, battery drain issues, or other wonderful scenarios I know you guys handle daily.
On that matter, installing another stock will put me on track for OTA updates? Are there other factors that could prevent it?

Appreciate the help.
24th February 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #7  
cr1960's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 305
 
1,417 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itaita22

Well, thanks.
I wish to have stock OTA so I won't need to chase after stable releases, battery drain issues, or other wonderful scenarios I know you guys handle daily.
On that matter, installing another stock will put me on track for OTA updates? Are there other factors that could prevent it?

Appreciate the help.

That's fine - to each his own. My experience has been that you get great stability and even better battery (using custom kernels) with custom roms, but hey, that's just me

You'll just have to wait for your carrier to send the OTA - you can't force it.
Last edited by cr1960; 24th February 2014 at 07:02 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes