Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note 10.1 v2 and knox

OP nlcgadgetman

24th February 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

98 posts
I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
24th February 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 535

2,610 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman

I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn

Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.

So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

24th February 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ronneby

2,610 posts
More
Quote:

So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

Of course you can flash a custom recovery and custom roms, but it cant be done without triggering knox. Flashing the rom itself is harmless, its the flashing of a custom recovery that triggers knox. So if you can live with that just go a head and flash, if not.... then dont.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

98 posts
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

24th February 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ronneby

2,610 posts
More
Quote:

Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

no problem, just glad to help. You can flash an AOSP rom, as soon as we get one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread