XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 updating (on 3 UK)

Tip us?

GalaxySIIII
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera View Post
blame carrier for capping it, or having overcrowded network that limits download speed. you can also try disabling fast dormancy but havent read anywhere download speeds are effected by that.
Yeah contacted them and they working on improvement soon..
today i measured 35Mb

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisthehulk View Post
On Voda 4G on my G2, have had 40Mbps up 20Mbps down in both Leicester and London. Am on a 12 month deal for a HTC One (currently on €bay) which was originally £47 pm with a 20% discount, added 6gb 4G for another 4 quid.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
very expensive
LG F320S (mine)
LG F180S (GF's)
SmartAss®

andynumpty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lg G2 no LTE Option on 3 in Leeds

Hi, I have a sim free Lg g2 on 3 & live in Leeds. I cant get the LTE option on my phone to use 4g which according to the 3 map is avaiable in parts. Now is the phones software not correct to recieve it or is there a way to check that it hasnt been activated by sim. I did remember getting a LTEconfig update when i first turned it on ?
Cheers,
Andy

tphilbo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm on 3 uk and was in the same situation - no LTE option.

Rang 3 technical support and they said that I'd have to take it up with LG, so no help there.

Tried a few things I found on here in terms of hidden menus, but nothing worked. So, found the LTECONFIGS app, and in the app settings menu, clicked 'uninstall updates'. Bingo. LTE option returned, and when I selected it, phone then picked up 4G signal.

Not sure if this is long term solution, but it works for now.

ClawOfDoom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andynumpty View Post
Hi, I have a sim free Lg g2 on 3 & live in Leeds. I cant get the LTE option on my phone to use 4g which according to the 3 map is avaiable in parts. Now is the phones software not correct to recieve it or is there a way to check that it hasnt been activated by sim. I did remember getting a LTEconfig update when i first turned it on ?
Cheers,
Andy
I contacted 3 the other day about this. I live in Bradford and work in Leeds. Both have LTE but i can't connect as my sim has not been enabled yet. The reply from 3 was that i will be enabled by the end of March, so it looks like they are rolling out to subscribers in the West Yorkshire area soon

SPBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by andynumpty View Post
Cheers,
Andy

I had the same problem. To fix this go into build prop and change telephony to the value of 11. Now i have all options available and hit 35mbps on a speedtest (London)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphilbo View Post
I'm on 3 uk and was in the same situation - no LTE option.

Rang 3 technical support and they said that I'd have to take it up with LG, so no help there.

Tried a few things I found on here in terms of hidden menus, but nothing worked. So, found the LTECONFIGS app, and in the app settings menu, clicked 'uninstall updates'. Bingo. LTE option returned, and when I selected it, phone then picked up 4G signal.

Not sure if this is long term solution, but it works for now.

awesomeweles
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default G2 3 4G issues Support from LG FAIL

Hi all,

I'm new here but I wanted to give you some info about my experience with LG support. They basically either don't have a clue or don't care.

I noticed the update to LTEconfigs was taking away 4G and discovered uninstalling it works but was worried that this update might be included in the soon to be released KitKat rom. In most of the conversations ive had with them They have tried to fob me off that im downloading the LTEconfigs update file from a 3rd party app. Ive sent them screen shots from my phone showing that its the Update Centre and queried why 3rd party apps would be presented in there and also how a 3rd party app could update my LTEconfigs file. They cant asnwer this but then because I'm using the international version of the G2 (one bought from Expansys) they seem to be able to wash their hands of supporting me.

They last promised to get me in contact with a part of LG that will provide me with support but failed to contact me when promised.

Unreal!

ClawOfDoom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeweles View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here but I wanted to give you some info about my experience with LG support. They basically either don't have a clue or don't care.

I noticed the update to LTEconfigs was taking away 4G and discovered uninstalling it works but was worried that this update might be included in the soon to be released KitKat rom. In most of the conversations ive had with them They have tried to fob me off that im downloading the LTEconfigs update file from a 3rd party app. Ive sent them screen shots from my phone showing that its the Update Centre and queried why 3rd party apps would be presented in there and also how a 3rd party app could update my LTEconfigs file. They cant asnwer this but then because I'm using the international version of the G2 (one bought from Expansys) they seem to be able to wash their hands of supporting me.

They last promised to get me in contact with a part of LG that will provide me with support but failed to contact me when promised.

Unreal!
I installed the OTA KitKat update this morning for my D802 and i can confirm that the option for GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto is still there. I'm just waiting for three to enable me now

nms247
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawOfDoom View Post
I installed the OTA KitKat update this morning for my D802 and i can confirm that the option for GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto is still there. I'm just waiting for three to enable me now
This an open or 3 branded?

ClawOfDoom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms247 View Post
This an open or 3 branded?
UK open

SPBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawOfDoom View Post
What do you mean enable you? The pilot scheme for rolling out 4g on Three UK ended last month. Everyone i know on three already has their 4g active since february, including me.