Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 39,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nandroid backups

Tip us?

Oblox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default [Q] Nandroid backups

If I take a nandroid backup of 4.3 and if anything ever goes wrong with my system can I just restore the 4.3 backup from a 4.1.2 system? I ask this as its quicker to restore from 4.1.2 with root and recovery than to then go through re-installing existenz again before I recover.

Parkside
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblox View Post
If I take a nandroid backup of 4.3 and if anything ever goes wrong with my system can I just restore the 4.3 backup from a 4.1.2 system? I ask this as its quicker to restore from 4.1.2 with root and recovery than to then go through re-installing existenz again before I recover.
Yes, you can shift between android versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parkside For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oblox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Great news, thanks Parkside.

mrjraider
Old
Thanks Meter 1992
Yes without any problems. You can go back and forward with the nandroids
Be nice to people!

I do not respond on techmail via the PM! Esspecially questions that can be found on the forum! Use search!

Oblox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Just had to send my phone for repair (so flashed stock 4.1.2 first. When I get it back and flash my 4.3 nandroid is there anything best to do before/after like clearing dalvik cache etc or is all that covered in the nandroid recovery (i used online nandroid backup app using TWRP as the backup type and default options).