5,595,428 Members 47,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SM-N900K Stuck on Odin Mode "“Firmware upgrade encountered an issue"

Tip us?

dadaclonefly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If I try to flash SM-N900S Firmware my phone says the same as before, with the following at the bottom:

SECURE CHECK FAIL : sbl1

So it looks this in download mode:

Could not do normal boot
ODIN MODE;
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900K
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
CURRENT STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX KERNEL LOCKFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1
QUALCOOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE
SECURE CHECK FAIL : sbl1

alom5
Old
(Last edited by alom5; 4th December 2013 at 12:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Have you tried kies since you had this error? I had problem before and it said to use kies to restore.

It looks like the bootloader... and you may have to wait until you find the original firmware. ..

What version of odin are you using? I use 3.09 ... Try that if you are on a older version.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dadaclonefly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
Have you tried kies since you had this error? I had problem before and it said to use kies to restore.

It looks like the bootloader... and you may have to wait until you find the original firmware. ..

What version of odin are you using? I use 3.09 ... Try that if you are on a older version.

I've tried both 3.09 and 1.85 versions of Odin. And Kies won't recognize the device, unfortunately.

Dj8218521
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaclonefly View Post
update: I flashed the cf auto root for the sm-n900s .

Now i am no longer stuck at the "firmware upgrade encountered an error mode" but at the regular odin download mode. Also able to access recovery mode. Still unsure of how to get my phone back track.

Update again:

Was able to install the sm-n900s clockwork mod. However, still unable to boot normally. Any help appreciated

good stuff ...
@dj8218521 Twitter.

dadaclonefly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
In case anyone happens on this thread while trying to resolve a similar issue, the resolution was that I was unable to fix it on my own. I took it to the Samsung Service Center and they reinstalled the original firmware despite the Knox warranty having been tripped.

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
In case anyone happens on this thread while trying to resolve a similar issue, the resolution was that I was unable to fix it on my own. I took it to the Samsung Service Center and they reinstalled the original firmware despite the Knox warranty having been tripped.
Did they reset the knox for you?

kenwood1288
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sm n900k

Quote:
I have a Korean model Note 3 that I rooted a while back. Tonight I updated the firmware over Kies, everything went fine, then tried to re-root using the same method I previously used (CF Auto root). Obviously a mistake.

Now my phone is stuck on Odin Mode, displaying the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen. (It actually displays it in Korean but it's the same screen).

Here is what it says:

ODIN MODE;
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900K
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
CURRENT STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX KERNEL LOCKFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1
QUALCOOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
WRITE PROTECTION: ENABLE

After I unsuccessfully attempted use CF Auto Root is also says "Unsupport dev_type" in red at the bottom.

The biggest problem I'm having is that I don't know what to flash. The SM-N900K seems to be an uncommon model, at least in the English speaking world. In fact, when I first rooted I couldn't find the appropriate file for this model so I used the N900 or N900s (which is another Korean model), I can't remember which.

If anyone has any suggestions for how I can fix this, it is greatly appreciated.
I have the same sm n900k.. I successfuly rooted it using sm n900s..via odin.. also the CWM recovery from 900s.
Can I reroot again doing the same procedure via odin because I have unrooted it via supersu .. can I also re install CWM recovery since I updated it at Rom Manager and it show different version now.but it ia still working..
by the way can you post the link of the Lidroid rom you use for sm 900k if it worked out well..thanks!!

thedawg03
Old
Thanks Meter 2
im about to get a Note 3 from olleh KT and it is sm-n900k version. also i have messed up a phone trying to root before and took it to kt and a few days they gave me back my phone in working order. they dont seem to care to much if u ruin your phone by software problems. but has any one found how to root note 3 sm-n900k version so i can try it out?

jisoo
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawg03 View Post
im about to get a Note 3 from olleh KT and it is sm-n900k version. also i have messed up a phone trying to root before and took it to kt and a few days they gave me back my phone in working order. they dont seem to care to much if u ruin your phone by software problems. but has any one found how to root note 3 sm-n900k version so i can try it out?
That depends on which exact firmware version you are on.

Pop over to the Galaxy Note 3 Korean Users Thread for more info!