I currently work for a market research company using Nexus 7 tablets to conduct surveys and questionnaires. We have a DP team which develop the apps for surveys which we put out on Google Play or can add manually. We currently have over 60 Nexus 7 tablets (2012 model) running Android 4.4.2. The current workaround securing the tablet is using Go Launcher, App Lock and WiFi Manager using a restricted account with Encryption on each device. This set up fine... however the two accounts setup is a hassle for the end users who are not technically proficient or use tablets or smartphones on a daily basis, so we need to down it one account. Also secondly, when we have new surveys and push them out, it does download to the main admin account of the tablet, but the hassle of, making it active for the restricted account is what the issue is because giving the end user access the main account defeats the whole purpose of what we are trying to do.
So I have managed to get hold of 2 tablets for testing, unlocked and rooted them both using the handy Nexus Root Toolkit. On one device, I created a main account, with Nova Launcher (instead of go launcher), App Lock and WiFi Manager. I have not put any encryption yet that will come after. I then created a nandroid backup of the tablet in which I restored it to the other device. The restore was perfect and at this point I thought that it's managed what we needed to do. However, on the two devices, we have two separate Google accounts, we have done this to spread out the devices across different accounts due to the amount of tablets we have. Upon pushing out an app to one device from Google Play, it would for some strange reason try to download on the other device and throw up an error message saying "could not download", even though the tablets have two separate google play accounts.
I made another nandroid back up, but this time without any google play/account information stored on the tablet but this to no avail did help. I even tried changing the device ID from Titanium Backup on both devices and still did not work and Google Play seems to think both devices are the same.
So my question is, what do I need to do in order to remove any Google Play info from the devices so google play doesn't recognize them both as the same device.
Everything else works perfectly fine so far and still are testing this out.
Thank you in advance