Post Reply

Unfortunately update center has stopped- couldn't installed update

OP Sourav-21

16th February 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Some days ago I have got a new system update for Sony xperia SP (12.1.A.0.266). So I download the update ( via update center) and then tap on install button. Then the phone restart with sone new animation. Then after a while it shows a error message "Update couldn't be installed" and then another error message "Update center has stopped." Then I unroot and reset ( hard factory reset) my mobile and again try to update, but again failed. So how to fix this problem???
If I update using pc companion via PC, shall I face the same problem?????? Please help me...
16th February 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #2  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourav-21

Some days ago I have got a new system update for Sony xperia SP (12.1.A.0.266). So I download the update ( via update center) and then tap on install button. Then the phone restart with sone new animation. Then after a while it shows a error message "Update couldn't be installed" and then another error message "Update center has stopped." Then I unroot and reset ( hard factory reset) my mobile and again try to update, but again failed. So how to fix this problem???
If I update using pc companion via PC, shall I face the same problem?????? Please help me...

You should definetly try to update via PC Companion
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraWelfare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Unhappy Windows 8.1
I use Windows 8.1. So I can't update using Sony PC companion. Pc companion is not supported with Windows 8.1.
16th February 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourav-21

I use Windows 8.1. So I can't update using Sony PC companion. Pc companion is not supported with Windows 8.1.

I am pretty sure there are some quite useful guides out there
17th February 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Exclamation SUS
Can I use Sony Update Service (SUS) for windows 8.1???? Is Sony Update Service compatible with Windows 8.1????
17th February 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #6  
Levered's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 1,761
 
1,752 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Why you dont flash stock using flastool..
24th February 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #7  
pollob666's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 73
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourav-21

Can I use Sony Update Service (SUS) for windows 8.1???? Is Sony Update Service compatible with Windows 8.1????

Yes it is. I'm Using 8.1 Enterprise. First faild with PC Companion, then tried SUS. It works perfectly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes