Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] Are You Stuck on a Boot Loop to Recovery and cant find a fix?

Tip us?

DornoDiosMio
Old
Thanks Meter 36
If you are on a T-mobile based rom, the way to 'freeze' the update is different than the others.

T-mobile roms use 'Google Services Framework' for the update, and obviously you can't freeze that app.

So, what you do is d/l a program called 'Autorun Manager'. Then inside that program, scroll down to 'Google Services Framework' and disable 1 receiver.

The one you want to disable is called 'com.google.gsf.update.SytemUpdateService$Receiver ' Just disable that (by unchecking it) and then reboot. You will not receive a notification to update ever again.

Also, go into the folder /cache and delete the FOTA d/l. You will need R/W permissions in the root directory to do this. So use whichever file manager you prefer for that.

The FOTA d/l is easy to spot, it's a 150mb approximately zip file with a bunch of chars and should be the only file in that directory. There are a few folders as well, but, ignore them and just delete the 1 file.

jkeats20
Old
(Last edited by jkeats20; 24th February 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I'm in the same situation - reverted back to stock rooted with twrp recovery and now boot back to recovery. I haven's used adb much, but do know how to open the cmd window in the adb directory on my computer and it appears I'm connected to my d800. However, when I run the adb devices command I see the device code and recovery listed. When I type the first line of the code in the first post, adb shell, I get ~ # ←[6n and can't type in any additional commands.

Am I missing a step - or just not understanding the process??

UPDATE - Nevermind - I just typed in the command dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota using TWRP's Terminal Command and the phone booted right up to Clean Rom.

Thanks vegasdavek for your repost on this fix!