FORUMS

Battery Life Guide Helps You Get More out of Your Device

Battery life is a primary concern when it comes to smartphones these days, and … more

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GS4 - Back to stock MDK via odin "Fail"

24th February 2014, 08:54 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
My fear is I am SOL... Anyway, was running the GPE, and wanted to go back to HD14... Made the mistake of formatting data via TWRP, and now I am borked.

So...From reading basically figured out I need to ODIN back to sock MDK, and factor reset via stock recovery. Here's my problem...

I downloaded the wilco stock MDK TAR, and then went to flash it in odin 3.07... I am able to get in to download mode, so I think Boom! Great I am on my way... Not so much...

I go to flash the TAR, I get FAILED on odin screen, but now my phone in the top left corner says "Start" in red, and I have a little progress bar under "Do not turn off target" warning.

Am I totally screwed? Does anyone have a link to an official MDK odin file?

Thanks...
 
 
24th February 2014, 10:28 AM |#2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48

My fear is I am SOL... Anyway, was running the GPE, and wanted to go back to HD14... Made the mistake of formatting data via TWRP, and now I am borked.

So...From reading basically figured out I need to ODIN back to sock MDK, and factor reset via stock recovery. Here's my problem...

I downloaded the wilco stock MDK TAR, and then went to flash it in odin 3.07... I am able to get in to download mode, so I think Boom! Great I am on my way... Not so much...

I go to flash the TAR, I get FAILED on odin screen, but now my phone in the top left corner says "Start" in red, and I have a little progress bar under "Do not turn off target" warning.

Am I totally screwed? Does anyone have a link to an official MDK odin file?

Thanks...

Did you try this one??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289325

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 12:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Did you try this one??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289325

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I did thanks, that's the only one could find... Going to redownload and see what happens. Not looking good...
24th February 2014, 12:24 PM |#4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48

I did thanks, that's the only one could find... Going to redownload and see what happens. Not looking good...

There's an mdk no wipe in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259

Verizon S4
Liquid Smooth 4.4

Sprint S4
Negalite 4.4
24th February 2014, 12:43 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

There's an mdk no wipe in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259

Verizon S4
Liquid Smooth 4.4

Sprint S4
Negalite 4.4

I got it! Phew... Redownload and Odin worked, now to re-root and I am good to go. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevez48 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 12:46 PM |#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez48

I got it! Phew... Redownload and Odin worked, now to re-root and I am good to go. Thanks!

You got it!

Verizon S4
Liquid Smooth 4.4

Sprint S4
Negalite 4.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes