5,593,793 Members 46,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Media server app eating battery

Tip us?

titotito1983
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that in my case I discovered the wakelock was being caused by Whatsapp.
For some reason if I activate the camera directly from a chat in Whatsapp the wakelock starts to happen.
The solution? delete Whatsapp and install it again. And not activate the camera in the app.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to titotito1983 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddymonti
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Everyone seems to be missing the point... media server eats battery because of the camera, so if you use any app that uses the camera, the media server drain will restart. Uninstalling an app is just temporary, because once you use the camera again, it will start again. Some say the problem was gone after they uninstalled or substituted Skype/whatsapp/snap. But have they used the camera again since? If not, then of course the problem wont re-appear. If you have, then you were just lucky... it will come back eventually though.

This is something that can be easily fixed by Motorola in a future update.

Btw, here is a screenshot from mine... if media server had something normal instead of that crazy 60%, then my battery would still be at around 90% for 12h30m... and that would mean it could last 5 days easily!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-23 22.26.11.png
Views:	88
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	2596984

aayush_neov
Old
Thanks Meter 21
My working solution to the problem :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=32
Moto G ; Dual Sim : Kitkat 4.4.2 : Stock

ksuuk
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayush_neov View Post
My working solution to the problem :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=32
Mediaserver drain is related to skype or others chat apps, which uses camera, for me the fix was skype downgrade.