Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap for s3? Any ROMs I can get I don't know which ones work

Tip us?

bennyboy2120
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Safestrap for s3? Any ROMs I can get I don't know which ones work

Does anyone know if the s4 ROMs work like the play edition if not what does and do I need I specific safestrap?

Also just I side question: Can I downgrade using Odin to 4.1.2?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy2120 View Post
Does anyone know if the s4 ROMs work like the play edition if not what does and do I need I specific safestrap?

Also just I side question: Can I downgrade using Odin to 4.1.2?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Do not flash any rom not meant for the Verizon S3 (d2vzw aka SCH-I535). Am I right to assume you are on the VRUCML1 4.3 OTA? It has a locked bootloader and prevents you from Odin flashing any firmware that pre-dates 4.3 VRUCML1. Flashing anything in Odin will lead to a hard brick unless it is explicitly the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image. Do not use anything to unlock your bootloader, you will also hardbrick. You should get the idea by now that you can flash one thing in Odin and that is the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image.

If you are on the VRUCML1 update, you need to use Saferoot to gain root access. Then Safestrap to be able to flash VRUCML1 4.3 based custom roms. Only VRUCML1 or "ML1" roms are compatible with Safestrap. AOSP is incompatible with Safestrap, there is no timetable or even the hint of future compatibility. Also, if you want working wifi then you need to flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each clean flash of a VRUCML1 rom. These kernel modules are linked in the Safestrap thread as well. Good luck and have fun reading up.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]