5,606,151 Members 34,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Led notification colors?

Tip us?

pmzqla
Old
(Last edited by pmzqla; 13th January 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Did anyone tried the commands of my previous post? I'm really curious to know whether that additional config was added by mistake (some remainance of the pre-production code) or there are actually some devices with an RGB LED and Motorola stealthily added the code for it.

FYI I'm not even using KK right now, so it's possible that the path I wrote is wrong or doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore4294 View Post
That does indeed turn on the LED during charging. Thanks for that!
Out of curiosity. What happens exactly? You executed the command and then the LED turned on when you plugged in the device, only when the battery was fully charged or what? Did you just do what I wrote?

I'm asking because as far as I know the command I posted should just turn on the LED immediately. On my device device the "trigger" of "charging" is set to "none", so nothing should happen automatically. Also, the path to that LED is not specified in any binary (JB at least), so I'm a bit confused about what happened.

Kameo
Old
Thanks Meter 422

DONATE TO ME
In my app, i enabled the LED charging and only white is handled right now.
When the device is plugged, the LED will light until you either stop charging or the phone is fully charged.
Try it here and don't forget to hit the Thanks button:
MotoGuide 1.0.6 - Collection of small hacks for the Moto-G - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596525
[APP] MotoG Boot Logo Flasher - Custom boot logo.
[APP] MotoG DualSim - Remove Sim2 Icons
[MOD][XPOSED] MotoGuide - Remove or edit Carrier label, Enable Charging LED and DoubleTap2Wake on MotoG
Moto G XT1032 16G - Stock rom [JB 4.3 | Faux kernel v3.4m | MotoGuide v1.0.8]
HTC Sensation - CyanogenMod 11 [KitKat 4.4.2]
HTC Desire - CyanoMod007 v31 [JB 4.2.2 | CM10.1.2 | A2Ext+ | CM7r2]
Hannspad SN10T1/1653 - Eclipse v1.0 [JB 4.2.2]
TronsMart MK908 rev3 - Finless v1.6a [JB 4.2.2]

pmzqla
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameo View Post
In my app, i enabled the LED charging and only white is handled right now.
When the device is plugged, the LED will light until you either stop charging or the phone is fully charged.
Try it here and don't forget to hit the Thanks button:
MotoGuide 1.0.6 - Collection of small hacks for the Moto-G - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596525
I can see that you are changing the trigger of "charging", I suspect this is what jmoore4294 did and should answer my question. One mistery solved.

Let's move to the second mistery, "rgb". Since no one replied, I decided to take a better look at the code.
What I discovered is that the "brightness" file of "rgb" is disabled, it does nothing. The LED should be turned on directly by "control" if I'm not wrong.
"control" is there to control multi-colored LED with one command by simply writing the color you want. Normally you have to specify the intensity of each fundamental color manually.

The problem here is that blink_cnt, a module param which keeps count of the number of LEDs (or colors) available, is set to 1 (and hence can be modified, but I suspect that would cause a NULL pointer dereferences when "control" is used), so basically whatever you do, "white" only (blink_array[0]) will be used.

I still find interesting the presence of this "rgb" combo LED, even if it's actually not doing anything useful as of now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pmzqla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S0bes
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmzqla View Post
EDIT:
You can maybe try different colors replacing EE0000 in the command above with another hex value.
hex combination EE0000 (red) turns led immediately with white color
and when I try to replace EE0000 with 00EE00 (green) or whatever hex code color I tried the led just turns off

pmzqla
Old
(Last edited by pmzqla; 14th January 2014 at 11:38 AM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0bes View Post
hex combination EE0000 (red) turns led immediately with white color
and when I try to replace EE0000 with 00EE00 (green) or whatever hex code color I tried the led just turns off
Yeah, that's exactly what I wrote in my previous post.

Basically the hex value written is splitted in different parts depending on the number of colors available. Because of the current configuration, what is supposed to control the red channel, controls the white LED, while everything else is basically ignored.

Practically we are controlling the same LED in a different way from a different place.
The Following User Says Thank You to pmzqla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S0bes
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmzqla View Post
Practically we are controlling the same LED in a different way from a different place.
is there any possibility in the future to get some other color except white?

pmzqla
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0bes View Post
is there any possibility in the future to get some other color except white?
If there are actually some devices with an RGB LED, the kernel must be correctly configured to support it. With no kernel modifications, this is not possible. From a quick look at the sources, there are no hints on what we need to do exactly, so someone should do some trial and error.

However I doubt this mystic RGB LED exist now. Normally each color is controlled by a pwm channel. We have a single channel and that's controlling a white LED.

surajkala
Old
Thanks Meter 62
On executing following cmd.. LED indeed turns on while charging.. but doesn't work if the cell is switched off or restarted

PHP Code:
echo 255 > /sys/class/leds/rgb/brightness 
Proud MotoG Owner

Previously
  • Huawie U8860
  • Samsung Galaxy Spica
  • Micromax A50
  • Samsung i5801
If by any chance you happened to like my reply/advice .. press thanks button

ReOmbra
Old
Thanks Meter 27
in the Details is written this, but what is mean , it strange
Notification LED Type : Multi-color RGG
Motorola XT1032 Uk
Android 4.4.2

Motorola MB300
Android 2.1 Preclair
Root

T3h vICE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
nothing new here? still the charging light will not do what i want. maybe it should blink every 5 sec while charging and stay active when it's fully charged.