5,600,182 Members 40,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sdcard as sdcard1 in file explorer

Tip us?
 
lvillepunk85
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Question [Q] sdcard as sdcard1 in file explorer

How come the sd card shows up as sdcard1 under storage instead of just as the primary for sdcard folder in file explorer and why is it that when trying to save downloads from say next browser the external sd is not an accessible option?
 
Ace42
Old
#2  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1070
Posts: 8,939
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
External memory cards are NOT primary, the internal flash memory is primary. Android support for external memory is minimal, even games install to internal memory.

Sent from my Optimus G
Main: LG Optimus G (E970) : Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB
LG Nexus 4_Gnome 4.4(cracked)
Kindle Fire 1G_CM11
SGS Vibrant_CM11

Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lvillepunk85
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
But...but thats why I have a nice..big..sd card ya know, to save stuff to. lol
Thank you though sir
 
Ace42
Old
#4  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1070
Posts: 8,939
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillepunk85 View Post
But...but thats why I have a nice..big..sd card ya know, to save stuff to. lol
Thank you though sir
You'll have to manually move your files to the external card, that's what I normally do.

Sent from my Optimus G
Main: LG Optimus G (E970) : Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB
LG Nexus 4_Gnome 4.4(cracked)
Kindle Fire 1G_CM11
SGS Vibrant_CM11

Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)
 
PHRuiz
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2013
Thumbs up pardon me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
You'll have to manually move your files to the external card, that's what I normally do.

Sent from my Optimus G
Hi, in december I bought a sony class10 card hoping to move my games from phone to SD, now I dont have games or anything, because I couldnt find a way to move them or any info about, can you give a little hand on how to do it?

I'll really apriciate any help ypu can give me about it, thanks in advance
 
Ace42
Old
#6  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1070
Posts: 8,939
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRuiz View Post
Hi, in december I bought a sony class10 card hoping to move my games from phone to SD, now I dont have games or anything, because I couldnt find a way to move them or any info about, can you give a little hand on how to do it?

I'll really apriciate any help ypu can give me about it, thanks in advance
File explorer apps or a PC. With a computer it's easier to move files obviously.

However I wasn't referring to game files or apps, because those only check the internal card. If you have music or pics, docs, etc, those can be moved to external manually.

Sent from my Optimus G
Main: LG Optimus G (E970) : Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB
LG Nexus 4_Gnome 4.4(cracked)
Kindle Fire 1G_CM11
SGS Vibrant_CM11

Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)
 
PHRuiz
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2013
Default Hi, thanks for the answer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
File explorer apps or a PC. With a computer it's easier to move files obviously.

However I wasn't referring to game files or apps, because those only check the internal card. If you have music orI lost the pics, docs, etc, those can be moved to external manually.

Sent from my Optimus G
Well, once I readed that you can make the phone think that the location of your games folder is located on the mSD but I lost the info, if I'm not wrong, they used a console command, but I don't know the command he was using.

The thing is that this phone is like a small console, but games take a lot of space, and I use the internal storage of the phone for more important stuff like maps and documents and having such a big card it will be great if you could save games in external storage.

Well, any way thanks thanks again for the replay
 
Ace42
Old
#8  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1070
Posts: 8,939
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHRuiz View Post
Well, once I readed that you can make the phone think that the location of your games folder is located on the mSD but I lost the info, if I'm not wrong, they used a console command, but I don't know the command he was using.

The thing is that this phone is like a small console, but games take a lot of space, and I use the internal storage of the phone for more important stuff like maps and documents and having such a big card it will be great if you could save games in external storage.

Well, any way thanks thanks again for the replay
Like this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2126163


Sent with Virtue
Main: LG Optimus G (E970) : Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB
LG Nexus 4_Gnome 4.4(cracked)
Kindle Fire 1G_CM11
SGS Vibrant_CM11

Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)
 
kwyx1
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2014
Is there an apk for that?
 
Ace42
Old
#10  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1070
Posts: 8,939
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyx1 View Post
Is there an apk for that?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...codlab.int2ext

Sent with Virtue
Main: LG Optimus G (E970) : Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB
LG Nexus 4_Gnome 4.4(cracked)
Kindle Fire 1G_CM11
SGS Vibrant_CM11

Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)

The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more