Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Had to get my phone unlocked, now 3G doesn't work.

OP Sway212

24th February 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I live in Bangladesh and got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

So I tried Chainfire's region lock away app hoping it would work but nope, that didnt work either.So I took my phone to a local shop hoping they would know how to disable the lock. They said it would take some more time because some files were missiong or were altered in some way because of Chainfire's app. Anyways, they were able to fix it but it took some time.

However, I noticed a new problem when I put in my sim card at home. I can't use 3G now. I only get Edge speeds now. I assumed the phone should automatically connect to 3G but nothing is happening. There are no settings either. WCDMA doesn't work either. I just get an error message when I select that. So I'm in a pinch right now, can anyone help me out here? Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Perhaps if I update to 4.4.2? I really don't know what to do here guys
24th February 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 331

1,144 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway212

I live in Bangladesh and got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

So I tried Chainfire's region lock away app hoping it would work but nope, that didnt work either.So I took my phone to a local shop hoping they would know how to disable the lock. They said it would take some more time because some files were missiong or were altered in some way because of Chainfire's app. Anyways, they were able to fix it but it took some time.

However, I noticed a new problem when I put in my sim card at home. I can't use 3G now. I only get Edge speeds now. I assumed the phone should automatically connect to 3G but nothing is happening. There are no settings either. WCDMA doesn't work either. I just get an error message when I select that. So I'm in a pinch right now, can anyone help me out here? Is there any way this issue can be fixed? Perhaps if I update to 4.4.2? I really don't know what to do here guys

I doubt updating to 4.4.2 would fix anything.
24th February 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  

22 posts
Quote:

I live in Bangladesh awand got my Note 3 N9005 from Saudi Arabia. My parents were the one who got it for me. They used it there for making a few calls so that hopefully the phone wouldn't be region locked when I got it in Bangladesh. However, that didnt work and the phone was locked the moment I put in my sim card.

Flash firmware for your region from sammobile with odin. Make doubke sure you flash the firmware for n9005 though. Should fix
24th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkstoner

Flash firmware for your region from sammobile with odin. Make doubke sure you flash the firmware for n9005 though. Should fix

If I do that, will the region lock come back? And can I flash another region's firmware like Poland's 4.4.2 or should I not mess around and just get my region's one?
15th March 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Brother i am from Bangladesh. I think i am facing the same problem. May i Have your contact number please?
16th March 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakil4all

Brother i am from Bangladesh. I think i am facing the same problem. May i Have your contact number please?

That's no good, you can't call each other's phones...

Seriously though not sure if region lock can be circumvented like that. Interesting if it could...
21st March 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakil4all

Did you buy your phone from Bangladesh? I think I may have found a solution to our problem. Do you know your csc code? That may help me out. But it has to be bought from Bangladesh, else I cant do anything
16th May 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
More
Sway I Have the same problem. Using Airtel.
Can you please pm me your contact number. Really in need of help. And my one is from abroad.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread