[Q] S4 mini does not boot into recovery mode after attempt to root

OP pingfloid

24th February 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi.

I have followed the instructions on this thread to root the GT-I9190 but I am stacked on Step 7.

Quote:

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
  2. Turn off the phone.
  3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
  4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
  5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
  6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serrano3gxx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
  7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
  8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
  9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.

The phone does not boot into recovery mode. I have tried several times to press hold volume up and home buttons immediately after the phone vibrates when re-starting, but the phone just starts normally.

The phone applications cannot access the SD card to save files. When I try to save a file (from Internet or Titanium Backup) it says "No SD card present".

I can access the card from the file explorer and I access to pictures, music, etc. But the applications cannot find the SD card when they have to save a file.

- Should I go to step-8 and run "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" from the SD card?

I will appreciate some help.

Thank You

ps: I am sorry for asking again. I am not receiving answers at the section for developers, so I have decided to ask at this section of Help & Troubleshooting
24th February 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingfloid

Hi.

I have followed the instructions on this thread to root the GT-I9190 but I am stacked on Step 7.

The phone does not boot into recovery mode. I have tried several times to press hold volume up and home buttons immediately after the phone vibrates when re-starting, but the phone just starts normally.

The phone applications cannot access the SD card to save files. When I try to save a file (from Internet or Titanium Backup) it says "No SD card present".

I can access the card from the file explorer and I access to pictures, music, etc. But the applications cannot find the SD card when they have to save a file.

- Should I go to step-8 and run "S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" from the SD card?

I will appreciate some help.

Thank You

ps: I am sorry for asking again. I am not receiving answers at the section for developers, so I have decided to ask at this section of Help & Troubleshooting

Switch the phone off, than press power+vol up+menu simultaneously, when the phone vibrate (powering on), let go. If it doesn't enter recovery you not doing it right, there's no other answer to that.

As for phone not reading SD card, what type of SD card is't?
24th February 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

Switch the phone off, than press power+vol up+menu simultaneously, when the phone vibrate (powering on), let go. If it doesn't enter recovery you not doing it right, there's no other answer to that.

As for phone not reading SD card, what type of SD card is't?

Thank you!!

As I understood the instructions, I was pressing power+vol up+menu AFTER the phone vibrates, but you made it clear that it is before.

So simple, but since It is the first time I do this, I didn't want to experiment
24th February 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 74

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingfloid

Thank you!!

As I understood the instructions, I was pressing power+vol up+menu AFTER the phone vibrates, but you made it clear that it is before.

So simple, but since It is the first time I do this, I didn't want to experiment

No problem. Not to worry, no harm can be done by trying to enter the recovery mode, either than you may 1. Drain a lot of battery or 2. wipe user data which is like a factory reset.

Please press the 'Thanks' button if I helped in any way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread