5,601,143 Members 48,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] install backup of custom rom to stock slot safestrap?

Tip us?

GrapeBandit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] install backup of custom rom to stock slot safestrap?

Hey guys, im looking for instructions on how to install a backup of a custom rom to the stock slot on safestrap. ive read somewhere something about if you restore to stock slot you lose safestrap. tben something about reinstalling safestrap. I just want to be clear before I do anything of thesort. for rreference, im running safestrap 3.65 trying to flash a backup of my deadly venom rom to the stock slot. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GrapeBandit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I know someone knows. just pass the knowledge lol

SmartAs$Phone
Old
(Last edited by SmartAs$Phone; 20th January 2014 at 06:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 300
Default Just "Passin the knowledge" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeBandit View Post
I know someone knows. just pass the knowledge lol
From Hash Codes Blog Page (The guy who wrote and developed Safestrap): http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

"DON’T RESTORE A CUSTOM ROM-SLOT BACKUP TO THE STOCK ROM. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE."

Hope this reached you BEFORE you did the deed, especially since you said: " I just want to be clear before I do anything of the sort." Besides, why do you want to install it to the stock slot? If your goal is to have a custom ROM in the stock slot, plenty of folks have just flashed a rom to that slot (AFTER making a backup of the stock ROM) I have yet to see anyone return to stock though I imagine it's possible. Me, I will stick with installing custom ROMs to the SafeStrap Slots (1-4 or 1-2 on a Note 3) I am not that brave, or stupid, depending on the success or failure of the move to determine which of the two I am, lol. Good luck either way.
.............. Samsung Galaxy Note IIIô
█ AsusTransformer - This one goes to Infinity! █

GrapeBandit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAs$Phone View Post
From Hash Codes Blog Page (The guy who wrote and developed Safestrap): http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

"DONíT RESTORE A CUSTOM ROM-SLOT BACKUP TO THE STOCK ROM. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE."

Hope this reached you BEFORE you did the deed, especially since you said: " I just want to be clear before I do anything of the sort."
thanks smartas$
obviously that thread needs an update. many ppl have flashed over stock slot with success.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAs$Phone View Post

"DONíT RESTORE A CUSTOM ROM-SLOT BACKUP TO THE STOCK ROM. THIS WILL MOST LIKELY BRICK YOUR PHONE."

Hope this reached you BEFORE you did the deed, especially since you said: " I just want to be clear before I do anything of the sort."
Actually, that's for an older version and doesn't quite apply anymore. Backups can be moved between slots and the stock slot can even be flash directly with any compatible ROM. But you should read before you do anything, especially considering all this is detailed in the Safestrap thread and its Q/A thread.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

studiorat
Old
(Last edited by studiorat; 24th February 2014 at 04:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeBandit View Post
thanks smartas$
obviously that thread needs an update. many ppl have flashed over stock slot with success.
i have Hyperdrive rls 14 running successful on my S4 VZW mk2 in the stock slot!
SCREWED OVER S4 Locked Bootloader ( awaiting exploit) safestrap3.71
HYPERDRIVE RLS14