5,605,120 Members 37,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][P7320/P7320T][JB 4.1.2] Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 [2013-12-22] "FINALLY"

Tip us?

Vatrox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just noticed this thread now, can't believe there's a new rom! It's been over a year since Arlicc dropped his development. Thank you so much, gives me a new hope - downloading right now.

Have you considered posting a porting guide for 7320? If it really is this easy, I would love to try porting 4.3 or even 4.4 myself once a stable version gets released for 7300
HTML Code:
	  HTC Desire #1 AMOLED PVT3 	 Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE P7320

HBOOT:	  AlphaRev Jelly S-OFF		 -
Radio:	  32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 	 stock - LTE
Recovery: RMD Recovery v1.0.3.4		 ClockworkMod v5.5.0.4
System:	  Jelly Bean 4.1.2		 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
ROM:	  MIUI 2.11.30 Jelly Bean v2.7	 Arlic's ICHI ROM 1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Vatrox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CL0SeY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatrox View Post
I just noticed this thread now, can't believe there's a new rom! It's been over a year since Arlicc dropped his development. Thank you so much, gives me a new hope - downloading right now.

Have you considered posting a porting guide for 7320? If it really is this easy, I would love to try porting 4.3 or even 4.4 myself once a stable version gets released for 7300
This ROM is based off the i957 / "p5att" variant, which is a much better fit as it uses Qualcomm soc. Unfortunately there is no development for the i957 past 4.1. So it seems like we are stuck for now. I can post a guide for converting i957 to p7320 but there aren't too many ROMs to choose from for that...

The hardware of the p7320 is almost identical to the i957 except for some partition weirdness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CL0SeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vatrox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL0SeY View Post
This ROM is based off the i957 / "p5att" variant, which is a much better fit as it uses Qualcomm soc. Unfortunately there is no development for the i957 past 4.1. So it seems like we are stuck for now. I can post a guide for converting i957 to p7320 but there aren't too many ROMs to choose from for that...

The hardware of the p7320 is almost identical to the i957 except for some partition weirdness.
That explains a lot, thank you. And how about various mods (based on CM10) and kernels (this one for example - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2020115)? I take it we would need separate kernels designed for i957 as well, so the ones available right now in 8.9 Development section won't work, right?

Once again, thanks a lot for your work, really appreciate it.
HTML Code:
	  HTC Desire #1 AMOLED PVT3 	 Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE P7320

HBOOT:	  AlphaRev Jelly S-OFF		 -
Radio:	  32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 	 stock - LTE
Recovery: RMD Recovery v1.0.3.4		 ClockworkMod v5.5.0.4
System:	  Jelly Bean 4.1.2		 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
ROM:	  MIUI 2.11.30 Jelly Bean v2.7	 Arlic's ICHI ROM 1.2

CL0SeY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatrox View Post
And how about various mods (based on CM10) and kernels (this one for example - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2020115)? I take it we would need separate kernels designed for i957 as well, so the ones available right now in 8.9 Development section won't work, right?
You are right - anything to do with gpu, voltage, additional cpu governers, would have to be
added in a new kernel.

On the other hand you could apply some generic performance etc tweaks from the main android hacking section here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ftware-hacking
But then again you could probably apply some of them to stock Touchwiz ROMs as well if you cared
The Following User Says Thank You to CL0SeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just for the record there seems to be an inconsistent issue with roaming data. When abroad, I sometimes need to restart the tab to get mobile data. Not a big problem.

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app

CL0SeY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax View Post
Just for the record there seems to be an inconsistent issue with roaming data. When abroad, I sometimes need to restart the tab to get mobile data. Not a big problem.

Hi, did you try turning on airplane mode and then turning it off again? Might save you a reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to CL0SeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Actually toggling flight mode or mobile data seems to reproduce the issue. Reboot is the only solution. Would be interesting to know if anyone else have experienced mobile data issues with this rom, roamining in particular. Cant rule out this could be a sim or carrier issue but my SGN2 is not affected

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It looks like the need for reload after toggling flight mode or mobile data is present also when not roaming. I normally dont touch those controls when I am in the home network. Sorry about my mistaken observation. Still, there is an issue. But it should be easy for other users to check if this is a general issue and give me a feedback. Thanks

ballah
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax View Post
It looks like the need for reload after toggling flight mode or mobile data is present also when not roaming. I normally dont touch those controls when I am in the home network. Sorry about my mistaken observation. Still, there is an issue. But it should be easy for other users to check if this is a general issue and give me a feedback. Thanks

Been toggling through, seems fine here.
Samsung Galaxy Tab <3

The Following User Says Thank You to ballah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm10, jellybean, jellybean 4.1, p7320, p7320t