Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 38,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] downgrade i747 from 4.3 to 4.2.1

Tip us?

tmpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] downgrade i747 from 4.3 to 4.2.1

How do I downgrade my S3 i747 from 4.3 to 4.2.1?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmpro View Post
How do I downgrade my S3 i747 from 4.3 to 4.2.1?
If your phone is running a stock 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader, only the OS.

tmpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
If your phone is running a stock 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader, only the OS.
Do i need to downgrade my bootloader to downgrade to 4.2.1? All I want to do is revert back to 4.2.1 OS.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Do you have access to the stock AT&T 4.2.1 ROM? I looked on sammobile and couldn't find it.

You may be able to downgrade to 4.2.1 using mobile Odin but you would need root access on your current ROM.

Do you have knox on your phone? If you do, knox may interfere with obtaining root. Also, tripping the Knox counter will void any warranty left on your phone.

tmpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Do you have access to the stock AT&T 4.2.1 ROM? I looked on sammobile and couldn't find it.

You may be able to downgrade to 4.2.1 using mobile Odin but you would need root access on your current ROM.

Do you have knox on your phone? If you do, knox may interfere with obtaining root. Also, tripping the Knox counter will void any warranty left on your phone.
No i do not have access to 4.2.1 ROM that why i was asking here to see what i could do. I thought with Odin you could flash stock firmware with out being rooted. No i do not have Knox on my phone.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmpro View Post
No i do not have access to 4.2.1 ROM that why i was asking here to see what i could do. I thought with Odin you could flash stock firmware with out being rooted. No i do not have Knox on my phone.
You don not need to be rooted to flash with Odin but you need a ROM that can be flashed via Odin. Unless AT&T released full a 4.2.1 ROM, it's unlikely you will find one on the Internet.

If you try to flash a stock ROM using desktop Odin that includes an older bootloader, you will probably brick your phone.