FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] USB problem, looking for solution

13th February 2014, 04:04 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello guys, i have a little problem related to any CM (just for information - i dont have one with stock JB). So, the problem is that i cant transfer (paste) big files using USB mass storage option. The other option (not sure about the name cuz my phone isnt on english) multimedia device loads too slowly AND cant load all files, for example - didnt load camera's photos. Its really strange and cant find a solution for very long time can you help me? Whats the problem? I can use android debug bridge, but cant use it on other PCs.
Last edited by Svetli4; 14th February 2014 at 05:32 PM.
 
 
18th February 2014, 09:03 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone? Anything?
18th February 2014, 09:55 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quality of MTP varies a lot with OS and file manager you use, I've seen...

Agreed about mass storage starting to drop after ~200M and well... this is the only 100% stable option:
18th February 2014, 10:00 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo

Quality of MTP varies a lot with OS and file manager you use, I've seen...

Agreed about mass storage starting to drop after ~200M and well... this is the only 100% stable option:

xD
19th February 2014, 07:23 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Well, I started having problems with file transfer after flashing D-Kernel on Kyrillos. And then, same problems on CM, while stock JB seems to be fine. Only using card reader worked good enough so far.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I8160 przy użyciu Tapatalka
20th February 2014, 08:32 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockeetman

Well, I started having problems with file transfer after flashing D-Kernel on Kyrillos. And then, same problems on CM, while stock JB seems to be fine. Only using card reader worked good enough so far.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I8160 przy użyciu Tapatalka

What problem exactly?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 12:53 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
File transfer was freezing after few kilobytes at all. Just like with damaged SD card, but it also happened when copying files to internal storage. And my memory card worked fine with card reader, so I guess it's not corrupted.
24th February 2014, 06:41 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockeetman

File transfer was freezing after few kilobytes at all. Just like with damaged SD card, but it also happened when copying files to internal storage. And my memory card worked fine with card reader, so I guess it's not corrupted.

Actually i have it on any CM, but not on Stock. Using mass storage just freeze if i transfer a bigger file (just few MB, not that bigger at all). If i use MTP, it just loads too slow, but no transfer problems. There was one issue last time - didnt load camera's photos, so i was forced to use mass storage in that case.

Anyway, its reeeeeeeaally strange.
24th February 2014, 07:25 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Exactly, that's really annoying. But recently I started transferring files via WiFi and this may be fine workaround. Anyway, hope this will get fixed sometime.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I8160 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Last edited by rockeetman; 24th February 2014 at 07:35 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes