Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Wireless speeds (g/n not LTE)

OP L337hackzor

24th February 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Canadian GS4 (SGH-1337M) and have noticed the wireless speeds are not great. I am an on site computer technician and I use the speedtest.net app to quickly and easily test wireless network speeds when troubleshooting wireless or slow speed issues with peoples computers and wifi networks. In doing so I've noticed there seems to be a cap of about 25mbps down speed with the GS4. Doesnt seem to matter the router or provider I can never break 25mbps down.

I previously had an iphone 4 before I replaced it with my GS4. It has identical wireless performance, this invisible cap of 25mbps down. I personally have 100mbps shaw cable at home, it speed tests over 100mbps down and over 5mbps up on a wired connection and over 95mbps down 5mbps up on a wireless connection on a PC.

I've tested both the 2.4 G and 5ghz wireless N on my dual band router, made no difference. Do these phones only have 54g support? I'm disappointed that a new device with other high speed features such has USB 3.0, LTE and apparent wireless N 5ghz support still cant take advantage of real high speed wifi connections.

any thoughts?
24th February 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
More
I don't notice any cap on the GT-I9505. I have 120mb down line here at home and the phone, on stock firmware, connected on 5ghz rather than 2.4ghz, with the same speedtest.net app, shows usually around 110mb consistently. Doubt that different variants of the S4 should be so different in this sense unless there is some software fault on your end maybe, though I could be wrong ofc.
24th February 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 12,155

15,046 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieridler

I don't notice any cap on the GT-I9505. I have 120mb down line here at home and the phone, on stock firmware, connected on 5ghz rather than 2.4ghz, with the same speedtest.net app, shows usually around 110mb consistently. Doubt that different variants of the S4 should be so different in this sense unless there is some software fault on your end maybe, though I could be wrong ofc.

Hi,

Try asking HERE as well

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread