[Q] moto g fell in water

Search This thread

vamshi43@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2014
my moto g fell in water. it is not working. will it come under warranty . if not how much it costs for repair..........................................

da2tha3

Mar 31, 2013
Edinburgh
I believe that all manufacturers state in their standard warranty that water damage is not covered. If you take the rear cover off and take a look towards the bottom, you'll see there's a small red mark that indicates water damage. If this is present, you're out of luck with regards to an in-warranty repair.

My suggestion would be to store the phone in a container with dried, brown rice, for two days. Perhaps place the container on top of a radiator or similar heat source, to speed up the evaporation process. You don't want to induce too much heat to further damage the device.

Also possible is a bag of silica gel crystals that you usually get in pairs of shoes - place this in an airtight container with the phone and they'll soak up some moisture.

My girlfriend recently dropped the Moto G in water and within two days it was fully repaired, now works perfectly. Don't give up on it yet!

bartmw

Jul 4, 2011
Swindon
Got similar problem, my daughter drop her Motorola into bath. Left to dry for more than day next to boiler. Now not turning on, when plug charger LED flash white and goes off. After few seconds again and again just flashes and no more.
Thinking that battery gone as manage to turn on phone after incident and spotted that battery was on 0%.

ManBearrrPig

Jan 7, 2012
Got similar problem, my daughter drop her Motorola into bath. Left to dry for more than day next to boiler. Now not turning on, when plug charger LED flash white and goes off. After few seconds again and again just flashes and no more.
Thinking that battery gone as manage to turn on phone after incident and spotted that battery was on 0%.

plug it into the charger and hold the power button for 2-3minutes. then leave it charging for an hour and than try to turn it on.

mr_nooby

Jul 17, 2012
Put it in a bowl of uncooked rice and cover it, leave it there for 2 days. It's serious, check YouTube if you don't believe it. It works, it dries the water out!

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mattheoh

Malayman98

Mar 10, 2014
This is the easiest way

Just get some dried rice and put your moto g/any phone dropped in water in a container and close it.Let it in there for overnight and tupp your pgone is alright

The Imp

Jun 10, 2014
Moto Go falls into closet.

This happened yesterday noon. It was submerged for around 6-8 secs b4 I pulled it out. It looked like it was working fine. Nevertheless I took off the cover and tried drying it with a towel before I switched it off. (Total time till here 30-40 secs). Being quite an impatient guy, I turned it on after a few mins. (Let's say under 10 mins so far). It turned on with no problem. As calls were to be made, I dialed a number. As I heard the ringing on the other side, I assumed all was fine. But tht was not yet to be. Notice me saying yet?! Yes, this one has a happy ending.

Moving on. The person on the other end of the line could not hear me other than in short bursts, like having a 1 sec break/pause in between conversations. I tried calls with the speaker phone switched on. But it kept turning off and on again between the ringing. I switched it off and took out the sim. I did not do that the first time (Very foolish of me). It was clearly damp. I went on to dry it with a towel. I turned the phone bck on. Calls were made but the same issues persisted. I tried playing some music but it would stop right after it started. This was where I started to get a bit worried. I took off the cover and vigorously swung/waved the phone about trying to force out any excess water. The effort was not futile. The song continued playing. I immediately make a call but the break was still very much there. This went on till late evening.

Before the day was over, everything was working fine. There were lags but tht was there when I bought the phone (28/05/14). I used a 4S before this, so forgive if I seem a bit harsh. Tht too was dropped in a river, drenched with curd milk and submerged in beer. It still worked fine till a guy snatched it from me.

Cheers!

PS: I did not have access to a blower/dryer or any rice but that is the way it should be done. I'm just posting here so those who don't have tht around might get a confidence boost. Hope this helps.

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Adam Outler had a pretty good video about this. It basically said to remove power ASAP (i.e. open up the phone and disconnect the battery) and submerge everything in high purity ethyl or isopropyl alcohol to displace the water and dry it out much faster.

jeevan2893

Jan 31, 2015
Hyderabad
Moto g Accedentally dropped in water

Hi,

I own a moto g which accedentally dropped in water. i took it off and it was working fine for few min. After some time i noticed some water inside my screen and my touch was not working. I left my phone for some time. After an hour when i restarted my phone my touch was working. To dry down the water, i kept my phone under shady sun light for about 2 hours. Now when i try to switch it on the led light is blinking 3 times as if it do when the battery drains. I tried to charge my phone and now the LED light is blinking and later it stopped.

If my circuits are crashed will the LED light blink. Because i used my phone before if completely dried off.

Reactions: Sagar S

Ishvarya

Sep 10, 2018
Hi , I dropped my moto g2 in to water tub ...It took a few seconds before I took it out ... Then i dried it for about an hour in sun light and kept it switched off for about almost a day .... Now it works fine but some time it gives sound like water in a hot pan..... Any suggestion would b much appreciated... Thanks in advancr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Put it in a bowl of uncooked rice and cover it, leave it there for 2 days. It's serious, check YouTube if you don't believe it. It works, it dries the water out!

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
    Moto g Accedentally dropped in water

Hi,

I own a moto g which accedentally dropped in water. i took it off and it was working fine for few min. After some time i noticed some water inside my screen and my touch was not working. I left my phone for some time. After an hour when i restarted my phone my touch was working. To dry down the water, i kept my phone under shady sun light for about 2 hours. Now when i try to switch it on the led light is blinking 3 times as if it do when the battery drains. I tried to charge my phone and now the LED light is blinking and later it stopped.

If my circuits are crashed will the LED light blink. Because i used my phone before if completely dried off.