Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning to Stock Issues

Tip us?

joel8520
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Returning to Stock Issues

I bought a note2 on swappa and I didn't get any service when I activated because my profile was out of date( I think). It came with cm11 so I had to go to stock to update the profile. I tried using Odin to flash Stock but when the phone boots after the Sprint animation it goes to Samsung and just hangs. I've tried reflashing and redownloading to no avail.

In download mode my phone says
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom //Could this be the problem? What does the Custom here mean?
Knox warranty void: 0
AP SWREV: A2

With the knox on my phone now I'm a little nervous to go any further without knowing exactly what I should do. I have been researching this problem for the last 3 days now and I feel stuck. Where should I go from here?

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,909

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel8520 View Post
I bought a note2 on swappa and I didn't get any service when I activated because my profile was out of date( I think). It came with cm11 so I had to go to stock to update the profile. I tried using Odin to flash Stock but when the phone boots after the Sprint animation it goes to Samsung and just hangs. I've tried reflashing and redownloading to no avail.

In download mode my phone says
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom //Could this be the problem? What does the Custom here mean?
Knox warranty void: 0
AP SWREV: A2

With the knox on my phone now I'm a little nervous to go any further without knowing exactly what I should do. I have been researching this problem for the last 3 days now and I feel stuck. Where should I go from here?
Use TWRP recovery and flash billards return to stock MC2. This will revert your bootloader to a non-Knox state.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmancuso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArchangelRenzoku
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Yup. then you're free to do what you want again.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If what I've said helped or contributed in any way, you don't have to buy me anything... just hit the thanks button.

So glad I jumped Sprint for T-Mo with my new Stock Note III on 4.4.2