XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kit kat roms?

Tip us?

mjwford1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
Try the regular firmware one from that thread not the one with no boot.img. Since your going to flash a new rom anyways it wont matter.
I'm a noob with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. If I flash the regular current firmware (one that doesn't have the 'no boot.img), aren't I in danger of locking the phone again and losing S-Off? If I have the potential to do that, I'd rather say the heck with it and just stay with CM11. I didn't root this phone myself. I bought it on eBay already rooted and S-Off from a developer. I'd hate to lock the phone again.

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwford1 View Post
I'm a noob with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. If I flash the regular current firmware (one that doesn't have the 'no boot.img), aren't I in danger of locking the phone again and losing S-Off? If I have the potential to do that, I'd rather say the heck with it and just stay with CM11. I didn't root this phone myself. I bought it on eBay already rooted and S-Off from a developer. I'd hate to lock the phone again.
I dont think flashing the firmware should mess with any of that. That being said i have never flashed just the firmware before. I did ruu and ota update to kk while still remaining s-off and unlocked. So i would imagine that if you can ruu and ota without loosing it, you can also flash just the firmware without loosing it.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjwford1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
I dont think flashing the firmware should mess with any of that. That being said i have never flashed just the firmware before. I did ruu and ota update to kk while still remaining s-off and unlocked. So i would imagine that if you can ruu and ota without loosing it, you can also flash just the firmware without loosing it.
It's maddening! Shouldn't be this hard. I downloaded the 3.11.605.1 firmware without the "NO-BootIMG" attached. The same dang thing happened. "error: cannot open 'firmware.zip'". This is crazy. I know I'm a noob but between your info and this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...07814601063728, I'm doing everything right. I think I'm going to give it a rest for until tomorrow and try it on my laptop instead of this PC at work. Both are Window 7 but maybe it's a USB thing. Who knows?

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 33
im really liking insertcoins with the elementalX kernel, everything works extremely well and i im getting fantastic battery life, with everything (bt, gps, data, wifi) on. Really happy with it.
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.