Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T Mobile Update To 4.4.2 with S-OFF?

Tip us?

b1969
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default T Mobile Update To 4.4.2 with S-OFF?

My phone right now is unlocked and with s-off. I was thinking I could relock the bootloader and run RUU to go back to complete stock (with S-OFF). My question is can I install the tmo update with S-OFF? Has anyone done this before? Or do I have to go back to S-ON in order to install the update?

I know that rumrunner does not work with HBOOT 1.56.

Any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1969 View Post
My phone right now is unlocked and with s-off. I was thinking I could relock the bootloader and run RUU to go back to complete stock (with S-OFF). My question is can I install the tmo update with S-OFF? Has anyone done this before? Or do I have to go back to S-ON in order to install the update?

don't think S-OFF or unlocked matters, just stock rom and recovery required
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

b1969
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
if i run RUU will that give me stock recovery?

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
if i run RUU will that give me stock recovery?
If you have a ruu for your currently installed rom, you can extract the recovery from the zip and install.
Otherwise
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545227
Pick the one that matches your current rom version
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

Fuzi0719
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:

My phone is unlocked/S-OFF. On the previous OTA updates, all I had to do was reflash the stock recovery and the updates proceeded normally, installed just fine. On this new OTA update to 4.4.2, however, that didn't work. I tried relocking the bootloader, flashed the stock recovery... nothing worked (it would get the red slash during the recovery part of the OTA update). Evidently, T-Mobile/HTC are now much more picky about modified devices.

So, to get the OTA to work, I had to run the last RUU from T-Mobile. That, of course, wiped my phone clean, but installed a locked fresh 4.3.1 ROM (still S-OFF). Then the OTA update ran perfectly, resulting in the 4.4.2 OS installed. Then I unlocked it, flashed TWRP recovery and rooted it. It's working beautifully.
Phone: HTC One Silver 32GB (T-Mobile)
ROM: HTC-T-Mobile stock 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 (rooted/S-OFF/Unlocked bootloader)
Kernel: Kangaroo Kernel v116

Tablet: Nook Tablet 16GB
ROM: CM 11-M8 with Bexus N2 R5.1 kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzi0719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b1969
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719 View Post
My phone is unlocked/S-OFF. On the previous OTA updates, all I had to do was reflash the stock recovery and the updates proceeded normally, installed just fine. On this new OTA update to 4.4.2, however, that didn't work. I tried relocking the bootloader, flashed the stock recovery... nothing worked (it would get the red slash during the recovery part of the OTA update). Evidently, T-Mobile/HTC are now much more picky about modified devices.

So, to get the OTA to work, I had to run the last RUU from T-Mobile. That, of course, wiped my phone clean, but installed a locked fresh 4.3.1 ROM (still S-OFF). Then the OTA update ran perfectly, resulting in the 4.4.2 OS installed. Then I unlocked it, flashed TWRP recovery and rooted it. It's working beautifully.
Thank you for the information.

Mikey
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719 View Post
4.3.1???
Im only on 4.3 and cant update. Ex:3.24.531.3
no-root, Unlocked and s-off only
Code:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus               Tablet: Google Nexus 7
ROM: PURITY JDQ39                         ROM: PURITY JDQ39
Kernel: AK Kernel Diamond ed.             Kernel: M-Kernel
Baseband: I925OUGLH1                      Bootloader: v4.18
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0                   Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0