Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CSC question

Tip us?

juzzy16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default CSC question

Hi. Just a bit confused about my CSC. Currently my phone is on AP: I9505XXUEMKF with CSC: I9505BTUEMK5. As far as I was aware, this is an unbranded CSC for the UK and Ireland? (I am in Ireland). Now my phone was locked to a network but I got it unlocked and the CSC is now this. According to Sammobile, the latest firmware for BTU is I9505XXUENAA but when I connect my phone to kies, it says i have the latest update? Am I missing something big here?

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 24th February 2014 at 10:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy16 View Post
Hi. Just a bit confused about my CSC. Currently my phone is on AP: I9505XXUEMKF with CSC: I9505BTUEMK5. As far as I was aware, this is an unbranded CSC for the UK and Ireland? (I am in Ireland). Now my phone was locked to a network but I got it unlocked and the CSC is now this. According to Sammobile, the latest firmware for BTU is I9505XXUENAA but when I connect my phone to kies, it says i have the latest update? Am I missing something big here?
1. The CSC appears close to ur firmware in Kies 3. Like in the 1st pic the CSC is XEU.
2. I9505XXUENAA no is an official update recognized by Kies how u can see in the 2nd pic. Kies 3 recognize that u have the latest update installed. If you want update ur phone by Kies you will have to wait new official update or u will have to use ODIN for install I9505XXUENAA otherways (SamMobile).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kies1.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	2598785   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	2598790  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
I tried that csc the other night, and it loads the Austria/Switzerland stuff on my phone by default......very useful here in the uk.
There is option to select uk/btu but it resets the phone, so Im not spending 3 hours setting up my phone.

Oh, and the mobile data speed seems so crap on that modem compared to mk9....

juzzy16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether unbranded phones get updates before branded??

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy16 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Do you know whether unbranded phones get updates before branded??
Yes normally.
- Branded phones have to have custom firmware (coz they install their own apps/mods/rebuilts)
- Unbranded handsets can apply new firmware as soon as Samsung releases it (without changes).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA