5,603,729 Members 37,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

why i can not see Paranoid Settings in settings?

Tip us?

plegdroid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts View Post
What font is that?? I dig it

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using xda app-developers app
Morning. Discomod

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1758580

ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓞⓒⓛⓓⓔ ⓘⓢ ⓝⓞⓣ ⓐ ⓢⓘⓝ

k00zk0
Old
Thanks Meter 27
This is actually a really big deal. The stock DPI has everything so big and is a waste of this high-res screen. I don't know how anyone is expected to use it in normal DPI after tweaking apps. The problem is that changing the entire system DPI causes problems in some apps with buttons too bunched up and all that.

Also, tabbed browsing by changing the browser (whether AOSP or chrome) to tablet mode makes productivity 100x better.

We NEED hybrid mode. Too bad a developer for my device (t999 d2tmo) stopped doing 4.3 for no reason.

Is there any stable ROM in existence that has a well-functioning hybrid mode for the d2tmo?

Is hybrid settings coming to this device or is it removed forever? Why the removal of the best thing that sets PA apart from everything else?

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00zk0 View Post
This is actually a really big deal. The stock DPI has everything so big and is a waste of this high-res screen. I don't know how anyone is expected to use it in normal DPI after tweaking apps. The problem is that changing the entire system DPI causes problems in some apps with buttons too bunched up and all that.

Also, tabbed browsing by changing the browser (whether AOSP or chrome) to tablet mode makes productivity 100x better.

We NEED hybrid mode. Too bad a developer for my device (t999 d2tmo) stopped doing 4.3 for no reason.

Is there any stable ROM in existence that has a well-functioning hybrid mode for the d2tmo?

Is hybrid settings coming to this device or is it removed forever? Why the removal of the best thing that sets PA apart from everything else?
Obviously you don't read?

Nothing was 'removed'

4.0 is being rewritten from the ground up, and hybrid has not been recoded yet, and will be added when it is completed.

If you want d2tmo, you need to talk to the devs in your device forum to get them to port it.

k00zk0
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I was referring to other posts in this thread indicating hybrid mode was gone for good. No need to flame; I'm just praising how critical it really is and I'm surprised other rom makes are okay with simple global DPI rather than complex hybrid which actually should be a standard feature. It's like a car company changing all the fine adjustments to the seat and steering wheel position/angle to just a single adjuster for "size" that moves all the variables at once. Clearly this car wouldn't comfortably fit anyone!

I believe the majority of people haven't experienced the productivity increase that is setting the browser (Whether aosp or chrome) to tablet/phablet mode to enabled visually tabbed browsing. I use my phone as a computer replacement at times for work and with today's mobile processing power, only the UI becomes the limitation to how fast you can handle information. After being exposed to an optimal hybrid mode setup, you really can't turn back without missing it.

resetreflectt
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I'm not too worried about the Hybrid settings but what about all the other modification settings? Is there none? No color control or any other kind of ROM settings? I'm not complaining, I just haven't used Paranoid in a loooooong time so I was just looking for some help
Sprint CDM-120 -> LG 225 (Red) -> LG Rumor -> LG Rumor 2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo 4G -> Samsung Epic 4G -> Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy Nexus

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by resetreflectt View Post
I'm not too worried about the Hybrid settings but what about all the other modification settings? Is there none? No color control or any other kind of ROM settings? I'm not complaining, I just haven't used Paranoid in a loooooong time so I was just looking for some help
Color control is dependent on a kernel. The kernel that ships with PA is stock. As for other settings, just read the changelog thread

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtrysmoddin View Post
I think that most of the loud out spoken ones are probably some of the young spoilt generation that stamp their feet and shout coz that's what works at home for them

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk