Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade from ICS 4.0.3 V10B to Mokee 4.4.2

Tip us?

rcalpha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Upgrade from ICS 4.0.3 V10B to Mokee 4.4.2

Hi all...

I have LG P880 with ICS 4.0.3 V10B (from Panama). I know that there is no official Stock JB for my device country. I want to upgrade to 4.4.2 using Mokee ROM (or any other ROM), to solve some issues that I'm having, such as battery and CPU high usage with few apps.

I was reading a lot from this forum and some other place too and I find many confusing and some time contradictory information, and I want to know If the following procedure is correct. This is my first time that I do this. As I have read, I have to backup everything, and I have to do a wipe data, cache and system, also fully charged

1- Upgrade to V20B Europe Open using the software KDZ_FW_UPD_EN with type 3GQC and Diag in Phone Mode, using the kdz V20B_00.kdz from lg-phone-firmware.com

In this step, I have read that I sholud use V20A not V20B, is it ? I could not find V20A Europe because of broken link. I found an Europe V20A but ending in dz (with a dll) instead of kdz

2) Once upgraded. I should do the "Official bootloader unlock procedure from LG" from this forum to unlock the bootloaded. Seems that this will wipe everytihing.

3) I have to root JB using "Root method for v20a (and probably later) firmware" from this forum

4) Install ClockWorkMod. I found several ways:
a) Using the guide "[JB][412][CWM] ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 (FREEDOM for EUR-xxx)" from this forum
b) Installing (after unchecking signed requirement) LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery-v1.2.apk also from this forum
c) Same as A but using the file recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.5-p880.img

Which of above is correct ?

4) Upgrade ClockWorkMod using CWM_Touch_6.0.4.5.zip (If I don't do the procedure 4c)

5) I do a complete wipe of data, cache and system

6) Upgrade ROM with MK44.2-p880-140221-RELEASE.zip
7) Upgrade gapps-kk-20140105-signed,zip

8) Restore SMS and Data.
9) Reinstall apps

Thanks anyone who can guide me

masterkiller529
Old
(Last edited by masterkiller529; 25th February 2014 at 04:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
hello, i am from panama too, well V20A and V20B are the 2 JB 4.1.2 just are different regions or patchs

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
4. Install recovery from official cwm page.
Otherwise your procedure seems fine. Just follow the tutorials

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk
Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken
Nokia x2-00 -still working
Samsung Galaxy 5 -still working, where all starts
LG Optimus 4X HD -currently daily driver

IcanhasLG
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGaljo View Post
4. Install recovery from official cwm page.
Otherwise your procedure seems fine. Just follow the tutorials

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk
6.0.4.5 is the latest touch recovery available from the official CWM page but you can use TWRP or even use the builder to compile your own version, i thing i'll try to add the charger to both of those, it's not like there isn't enough room to prop the recovery partition shock full with loads of other goodies.